Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This will be interesting! I'll update this post with the doodles in a bit/while then.

Update:
I read alot. Quite a lot.

Decided to add mecha to the ever growing list of things to learn.

So @Finnuval

ah I'm drawing blanks here. Usually if there's not enough chara info or another chara with them I do 3rd person view, like snippets of their lives. Problem with M is that I have no idea what type of Manic Sherlock/Robert Jr/Agatha he is to judge the state of his flat. So either need more info or another chara of yours. The only things i can do is ikemen him or make him into memes.View attachment 175588View attachment 175589
Okay some more indepth character bio then :
He has a good, somewhat rich, up bringing placing him in the upperr classes but he resents that. He has a need to prove himself to his peers that he can be succesful without his heritage coming into play.
He is very smart but can be arrogant to a degree that makes him almost oblivious to certain things.
His main ambition at the start is this need to prove himself. Later this will, based on early life tragedy, turn into a more driven ambition of justice and revenge. He is around 27-32yo (i think).
He just started out with his detective business and has no reputation to speak off as of yet. He clearly chooses to ignore cases brought to him based on his lineage opting to start with the real small and dirty Jobs instead.
He has a strong, tho Sometimes warped, sense of honor.
He is somewhat socially akward despite being very charming.
His physical prowess is non-existentant.
He is very detail oriented and good at reading ppl at a glance but can fail st this because of his arogance at times.
He has no qualms sending (what he believs to be) the right ppl to jail and can be pretty cold (bordering on cruel) about this.

Hope that is enough to go on.

Ps : i love the mask one. It's funny as heck! It is so out of character I could actually see him do that to mock someone xD

P.P.S. : i never turn down a good sexy ikemen either tho xD

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay some more indepth character bio then :
He has a good, somewhat rich, up bringing placing him in the upperr classes but he resents that. He has a need to prove himself to his peers that he can be succesful without his heritage coming into play.
He is very smart but can be arrogant to a degree that makes him almost oblivious to certain things.
His main ambition at the start is this need to prove himself. Later this will, based on early life tragedy, turn into a more driven ambition of justice and revenge. He is around 27-32yo (i think).
He just started out with his detective business and has no reputation to speak off as of yet. He clearly chooses to ignore cases brought to him based on his lineage opting to start with the real small and dirty Jobs instead.
He has a strong, tho Sometimes warped, sense of honor.
He is somewhat socially akward despite being very charming.
His physical prowess is non-existentant.
He is very detail oriented and good at reading ppl at a glance but can fail st this because of his arogance at times.
He has no qualms sending (what he believs to be) the right ppl to jail and can be pretty cold (bordering on cruel) about this.

Hope that is enough to go on.

Ps : i love the mask one. It's funny as heck! It is so out of character I could actually see him do that to mock someone xD

P.P.S. : i never turn down a good sexy ikemen either tho xD

I'm not pleased with what I've even managed to sketch out with M. Most of the things I dish out are rough slice of life tibits, like the dude is overlooking at a table with files or in a crime scene. Problem is that when I do draw him he looks like those old sketches of Victorian male clothes posters. I'll keep at it and post the ones I like but until then sorry :kaocry:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
haha that's fine. You aren;t obliged to make anything and the main thing is you are having fun... if that isn;t the case just leave it. No sense in getting frustrated over it xD

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Citali

Hi i am currently building a Custom Char for my Project , and if you want to draw him that would be really helpfull, that way i could get a bust and face IMG..

About that char:
its a more or less undead Crusader, he is protecting the grail and therefor he is alive for long time allready.. similar like in the old indiajana jones movie, but more angry because the grail was stolen at the beginning of the Game, and he has to get it back..
Half body Bust (from head to belly) would be more than enough..

some refference pixel IMGs:
( i tried to make him a bit shiney Blue/tyrkies on the Helmet&Armor and Purple on his Sword&Eyes to show that he is keeped alive with the help of old Magic.. )
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

=> i could offer you a free pixel art edit in exchange
( best would be editing Walking Sprites, or build Selfmade/edited Magic Weapons i am pretty good on both )
.. Edit
For other chars where i have a generator made face, i am using this generator to build low quality Busts.. the base from this generator could be used as Base for the Bust, if you like..
(this is just incase that it saves some work, i would be fine with any selfmade bust base aswell)
gosei_base.png

=> i attached some editor stuff incase it might be helpfull

Attachments

• dopans crusader stuff.png
    dopans crusader stuff.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, they turned out really cute! :)

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Citali

Hi i am currently building a Custom Char for my Project , and if you want to draw him that would be really helpfull, that way i could get a bust and face IMG..

About that char:
its a more or less undead Crusader, he is protecting the grail and therefor he is alive for long time allready.. similar like in the old indiajana jones movie, but more angry because the grail was stolen at the beginning of the Game, and he has to get it back..
Half body Bust (from head to belly) would be more than enough..

some refference pixel IMGs:
( i tried to make him a bit shiney Blue/tyrkies on the Helmet&Armor and Purple on his Sword&Eyes to show that he is keeped alive with the help of old Magic.. )
View attachment 175774View attachment 175777View attachment 175783

=> i could offer you a free pixel art edit in exchange
( best would be editing Walking Sprites, or build Selfmade/edited Magic Weapons i am pretty good on both )
.. Edit
For other chars where i have a generator made face, i am using this generator to build low quality Busts.. the base from this generator could be used as Base for the Bust, if you like..
(this is just incase that it saves some work, i would be fine with any selfmade bust base aswell)
View attachment 175786

=> i attached some editor stuff incase it might be helpfull

sooo Dark souls/destiny. Helmet or not helmet? Is he built like a body builder? Since he's a reanimated corpse thing does he have a neutral expression?

Thank you very much, they turned out really cute! :)
I'm glad then. No details on the clothes so the sheep girl so I went with whatever I could make out from the sprite.

haha that's fine. You aren;t obliged to make anything and the main thing is you are having fun... if that isn;t the case just leave it. No sense in getting frustrated over it xD
I think I got something that might work but it became more self indulgent fan art really. baron m.png
So lets see since this a rather rougher draft I'll explain what's going on in the image.
M is smugly standing front and center in a circular stage with tools and clues on the floor. the chairs will be different styles to signify the masked person sitting in it their social standing. On the top is the city turned upside down with people falling to further exaggerate that they can't hide from the detective, yet. The ship, carriage, and the blimp are modes of travel but I'm not sure if the models I'm using even existed during the era and I'm a rather lazy person to even double check. If you got any extra tidbits or suggestions let me know

Attachments

• d.png
    d.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love it. Great concept!

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Wow, I like it...the only error I see you made [I think] is that the scarf is yellow instead of black [or white] but now that I think about it...the yellow scarf can stay. I also saw that @Finnuval gave you his character's bio...would you like me to give you Drizzt's bio?

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, I like it...the only error I see you made [I think] is that the scarf is yellow instead of black [or white] but now that I think about it...the yellow scarf can stay. I also saw that @Finnuval gave you his character's bio...would you like me to give you Drizzt's bio?
oops. no.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Alright...So, Unless this is not the finished thing and you want to continue working on it or if you want to do more of him, you can, but otherwise...I think you finished my request, I have no more requests at this point...and great work...

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sooo Dark souls/destiny. Helmet or not helmet? Is he built like a body builder? Since he's a reanimated corpse thing does he have a neutral expression?
Helmet, thats why i attached the IMG with the helmets and the neon_color masks that i used to make the color effects on his face..
(parts of his face are Visible, mostly around the Purple Eyes)

He is not really undead its more that he never died because his body was magicly conserved, this magic also lets him revive incase that he will be killed in battle..that makes him kind of undead or atleast not a "normal human beeing"..

He is strong but not like a bodybuilder,and his whole body is under an Armor(legs/arms/hands/feet) and Chainmail(center).. His expression is a bit angry because the grail is gone and he is also a bit like a fanatic believer ,half of the game he will talk about "his duty" and "Gods will" ect..

I was planinig to use this free voicepack or atleast parts of it for him, that might help to get a better picture of him..

Last edited:

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see I see. Could've been specific on that detail. so does the bucket helm have only two holes and a mouth guard? Not sure what that thing in front is. its more helpful to have reference pictures with the specific part circled in red like in bait yt videos.yeet.png

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see I see. Could've been specific on that detail. so does the bucket helm have only two holes and a mouth guard? Not sure what that thing in front is. its more helpful to have reference pictures with the specific part circled in red like in bait yt videos.

I edited the last posting added info about "undead/not normal human"..

About the Head:
mostly it needs only the helmet and the Purple_eyes (not much face visible), and i can add some neon Glowing effects with layers around the Eyes(purple red)&Gems(bright yellowgreen)&Crosses(bright yellowWhite) afterwards .. these layers will have low oppacity perhaps around 20%..
Screenshot_1.png

-The Gems can be in bright Tyrkies(green/blue)by default..before the neon layers are added

-And the Crosses in Yellow/Orange/Gold by default..before the neon layers are added

about the neon layers:
i am trying to hopefully make it look like magic glowing effects at the end.. similar how i do it on my magic weapon
Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
hmm k. As usual I'll update this post with the draft or finished request.
Update
Right, so about the eye holes. Is it two holes or a surface rectangle cut out with the holes.
here's a quick scribble cuz yeet2.png

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's super cute!!! I gotta make that into a scene now in the game~ <33 I know the perfect place for it!
Ty~ :kaojoy:

Reactions: Zia

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Crusador.png

Is this mostly how it is? or is it lighter @Dopan

Last edited:

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's super cute!!! I gotta make that into a scene now in the game~ <33 I know the perfect place for it!
Ty~ :kaojoy:
No problem! i started thinking since she's a witch or mage or sorts then she got to had made blunders before and BAM, that came into existence.
Akoi 14.pngDoes she fly?

Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
She looks so cute :kaoluv:
She does indeed fly!

Attachments

• Broom.png
    Broom.png
    85 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Zia

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirata12