Qwilfish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Does anyone know if the game slows down after a while? It works well so far but since it saves the discovered map, I'm scared it may cause problems after hours of playing and discovering.

2. I'm having a weird glitch with the plugin. There's a bright line across the screen, it appears and disappears in different places. Anyone know how to solve it?

EDIT: I think my resolution (which was not default) was the problem.

6v1FbPT.png

Last edited:

NTR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I know this thread is old so I do not know if anyone will answer me.

I am trying to use this plugin for my game. The player walks around the map revealing the map. But if the player dies and tries the map again all the tiles he revealed before are still gone but I want them to go back to black so he has to do it again on the same map.

So turning hidden map on is the only way to use the reveal fog thing but that also prevents the fog from coming back on the same level after you transfer back to it. Is there any way to fix this? I use several maps for my game but I do not want the player to have to reload his game every time just so the fog returns.

P.S. I use a random gen plugin and I am unable to use regions numbers only terrain tag numbers.

Thanks.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kind of want to use this plugin, but it doesn't quite fit the way I'd like to do things... I wish the terms were more clear. I understand it's free to use but what about modifying it for my own needs?

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
I kind of want to use this plugin, but it doesn't quite fit the way I'd like to do things... I wish the terms were more clear. I understand it's free to use but what about modifying it for my own needs?
It's free for commercial and non commercial use, so I assume if you're not sharing your changes there's no reason to worry about.

You can also make an extension that overrides parts of the original plugin without changing the original and, instead, need the original to work.

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Does anyone know if the game slows down after a while? It works well so far but since it saves the discovered map, I'm scared it may cause problems after hours of playing and discovering.

2. I'm having a weird glitch with the plugin. There's a bright line across the screen, it appears and disappears in different places. Anyone know how to solve it?

EDIT: I think my resolution (which was not default) was the problem.

6v1FbPT.png

Hi Qwilfish,

I was wondering if you can confirm your issue with this plugin was the resolution?

I've found that if the tiles of the map are larger than the resolution, I get the screen tearing lines also.

I was hoping there was a fix for it?

Many thanks! :)

I have since diagnosed the problem/solution. ANY diagonal/multi-directional movement plugin I have used (Galv/Altimit/VE) will create the undesired screen artifacts/tearing. It seems it's either "Fog of War" or "Diagonal Movement" for me - not both... :(

Last edited:

althearab

Sandman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uncertain if this plugin is still supported, but is there a way to also reset the discovered map area via plugins?

I'm using scripts to make a map have randomized elements throughout a dungeon that change each time a player enters, so I want to be able to reset the visable map to keep those secrets secret.

senku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Someone know if player_range can be changed via events/script call/plugin commands?

I tried using plugin commands cs_fow set_player_range <2> but nothing happened.

Ty in advice :)

senku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uncertain if this plugin is still supported, but is there a way to also reset the discovered map area via plugins?

I'm using scripts to make a map have randomized elements throughout a dungeon that change each time a player enters, so I want to be able to reset the visable map to keep those secrets secret.

The fog should reset everytime the party changes map

CG24324

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any way to set the player's view range based on a variable?
I'd like to set up a "perception" skill, so players with a higher perception can see more of the map compared to players with a lower stat.
I tried to set the view range with a plugin command...

cs_fow set_player_range <$gameVariables.value(68)>

But I guess it doesn't accept variables in its input. Or I'm just doing it wrong.
Any help?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought I remembered experimenting with that myself, but I can't seem to find any details… that said, I believe the following code should work (as a script call instead of a plugin command):

JavaScript:
this.pluginCommand('cs_fow', ['set_player_range', $gameVariables.value(68)])

I'd take that as a last resort option if no other way can be found.

CG24324

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought I remembered experimenting with that myself, but I can't seem to find any details… that said, I believe the following code should work (as a script call instead of a plugin command):

JavaScript:
this.pluginCommand('cs_fow', ['set_player_range', $gameVariables.value(68)])

I'd take that as a last resort option if no other way can be found.
I was thinking of diving into the code of the plugin and frankensteining some other code from another that took variables, but this worked like a charm. I spent a day or so trying to mess around with it to get it to work with events and such, but this is by far the simplest option. Here's the difference between 3 and 10 Perception. Now I just gotta figure out how to hide towns and stuff when they're out of view, but that should be pretty easy (I think).

You said to only use it as a last resort, is there any reason to that? What are the downsides of doing it like this?

Attachments

• PER3.jpg
    PER3.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PER10.jpg
    PER10.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 2

vongrimmsy0

Old-School Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks pretty awesome! Will surely be trying it out - thanks! :hswt:

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You said to only use it as a last resort, is there any reason to that? What are the downsides of doing it like this?
There's no downsides other than readability. The code I gave you just fires a plugin command that it builds on the fly, substituting in the number from the variable, so I don't think you'd run into any issues using it – it is identical to just using a plugin command with a fixed number. The reason I said last resort is that if another method does exist, it would almost certainly be easier to understand when reading your event. That only applies if it exists in the first place, but from what I can tell another method doesn't seem to exist in the plugin.

Sorry if that confused you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiromori