Not open for further replies.

ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I was making a new game and i wanted some doubts to be cleared.

I want to rename everything in the database according to my story needs. that includes skills, Tilests, Actors, Animations, etc.

If i rename everything, will I have to change my script according to my needs or will this won't require any editing. Thanks in Advance.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That depends on your scripts, but proper scripts should not rely on NAMES.

ShadowLurk

Tanoshii~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No, you don't need to change any in the script. Except perhaps the Vocab module, there are some things that has no entry in database there, like the battle messages (hit, miss, etc).

ZeuroMiller

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot @Tsukihime and @ShadowLurk

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A surprising number of plugins have appeared for MZ since last year. I'm currently making a "shopping list" so that I'll know what I need to test when I switch over to MZ later this year. Much of it is stuff updated from MV plugins, but there are also a good number of new things. It'll be fun to test it all out.
A little dental dilemma this week. One my temp crowns was sized incorrectly and needs some sanding. And dentist was out till Tuesday. Pain is minimal though. Hope everyone here is well. :)
Got like a sudden surge of wish lists overnight. :)
headshot_headshot.jpg
The theory has been proved. Based on an invisible image's data(the big red dot in the previous image), RM can identify different parts of an enemy and do something respectively. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zwloky