Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want clarification on this question since I'm so unsure. If I have RPG Maker VX Ace Lite, am I allowed to use resources from said maker to use for RPG Maker MV? I did look for this question in the forums, but didn't find the answer. I apologize beforehand if its been answered and I missed it somewhere.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah as long as you own VXA you can use the rtp resources in MV.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok Thank you very much for clearing that up. I was afraid to use anything from it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But that's the question - does using Lite count as owning it in this situation? I'm not certain so I think it would be best to wait for one of the mods/staff who know more about this area to answer.

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah you're right. Sorry for being so hasty. ^^;

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - you must have a license to an engine in order to use its resources.  Lite is free, and doesn't have a license.  If you want to use Ace resources, you must purchase Ace.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But that's the question - does using Lite count as owning it in this situation? I'm not certain so I think it would be best to wait for one of the mods/staff who know more about this area to answer.

Sorry thought OWNING was pretty cut and dry wasn't aware lite is another way to say free version XD

Lunarflame

Ice Elf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - you must have a license to an engine in order to use its resources.  Lite is free, and doesn't have a license.  If you want to use Ace resources, you must purchase Ace.

Thank you, Shaz.  I'll start saving up for VX Ace. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. And mlogan; I'm very sorry for being so hasty. I looked back at my previous comment and it sounded a bit rude to me. I apologize if I came off rude to you with it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh no, didn't think anyone was being rude. I just had a feeling that Shaz's answer was the deal, that's why I wanted to clarify it.

gomiamiheat - Lite is a free version, no time limit like the trial, but not full feature.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareElstein