cavemanK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

CLASS RULES: SUPER BOOTLEG EDITION

facesplitAlign.PNG

At Trafalgar Tech, Vince is finally ready to determine if he is worthy to call himself a true GAME DESIGNER. Further, he and his classmates are tasked with succeeding against all odds: they must enter a suffocating job market dominated by faceless multinational corporations and uninspired hipster start-ups.

Class Rules is Vince's journey through the world of game development: design, fight, argue, and charm your way through a virtual re-imagining of Toronto's magical indie game scene while discovering the many motivations behind the everyday decisions of game developers.

breakfast.png

sewerExit.PNG
clubsclubs.PNG

girlchill.PNG
suchromance.png

HERE'S A SUPER SECRET LINK TO THE GAME:
https://blackballgames.itch.io/class-rules-super-bootleg-edition?secret=ydbi3QTKAjyaU4cEEbm854qmAQ

GAMEPLAY FEATURES

Seamless integration of both real-time and turn-based combat
Choose from a wealth of "Clubs" you can join to tailor your experience
Overarching "Class Grade" which is determined by how you interact with others!
Diverse action combat complete with clips/reloading, and traditional items like the stun boomerang
Non-linear gameplay -- IT'S NOT OVER TIL' IT'S OVER!
Minigames to make cash and find romance after-school
PLAY TO FIND OUT MORE

CRITIQUE

Still in ALPHA, so it's very buggy (I apologize beforehand). Also, I may have put a whole bunch of variables in $game_temp which should not be, so CLOSING AND RESTARTING the game can be very tenuous in the current build.

The menus and GUI in general are incredibly disjointed and need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL.
(Will be include information on this with next update.)

It's clear the art in general could use a lot of work in places, I am looking to hire an artist or art team to help me achieve this. Please inquire if you are interested!

I don't consider myself a real 2D artist nor a scripter (I'm a designer by trade), so I understand that Class Rules is rough around the edges in both of those respects. I am looking for help in both of those areas! I am also looking for help marketing this game as well!

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING OUT MY GAME!

It would be a tremendous help to fill out this survey after playing:
https://goo.gl/forms/YExSz579qX4WHIU42

My development blog : classrules.ca/dev-blog

<3

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO