Class switch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Pyrathas, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to have a character switch classes in game?

For example having the player play as the class villager then after an event quest it changes to another class?

If it can be done via eventing and not a plugin that would be great as it's just a one, maybe two time deal in game.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes - and that is a basic event command.

I suggest you take some time to work through some event tutorials to at least learn what event commands exist, because that will speed up your game development a lot - the "starting point" tutorial linked in my signature was written for people like you to teach them the basics as fast as possible.

3. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately I don't see a signature I just searched for class with and couldn't find one so I asked. I found plugins on Google but I think that's a waste.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Then go into your profile and change your setting to not hide signatures.
    There reason why you didn't find anything is because it is a simple event command and no one needs any advice to use that command - and all class plugins do a lot more than just changing class, exactly because you don't need a plugin for that.

Anyway, here is the link directly
    http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/a-starting-point-for-new-users-v12.14727/

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Game Mechanic Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...? (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV/move]. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.