Discomusic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there,
more than 10 years ago i made a small game for my friends, where we were the protagonists and our school teachers were the antagonists. It was made in RPGMaker 2000.

Now, full of nostalgia after having replayed it, I would like to remake it with the most recent tools. In particular, I have a copy of RPGMaker VX Ace but I see that the default resources (most importantly charsets and facesets) have been replaced with brand new stuff. So I would like to ask:
1. Is there someone on the internet that one day decided to remake and publish a next-gen version of those classic resources?
2. If not, are the old resources importable to the new RPGMaker in some way?

Please help me with recreating a game where I can be portrayed again by the RPGMaker 2000 ninja!!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you legally own both makers, then you can use their RTP in the other maker but have to reformat them yourself.
Specifications for reformatting should be in the help files, basically you'll need to resize them with a program like GIMP or so. In case of sprites you might have to delete one column of the cells because Ace uses 3x4 structured sprites - RMXP used 4x4 structure, I don't know which structure was used in RM2K(3).

As for purchasing RM2000 (we know that 10 years ago you used an illegal pirated version because there was no legal version outside japan at that time) your cheapest bet is to look for a reseller of the steam version, perhaps through
https://isthereanydeal.com/
RM2000 was available at 85% off at one time, although you might have to wait a while before it drops that low again.

EDIT: Just for Info, Ace is no longer the newest maker, that is MV.
And MV had a lot of option added that makes it one of the best so far, especially the ability to play the games outside of Windows (Ace is windows only, MV is Windows, Mac, Linux and has exports to web and mobile as well)

Discomusic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answer. I was actually hoping that there existed someone who was nerdy enough to decide to redesign the classic RTPs with the modern style, but i will see if i can resize the old RTPs or search for something new that is similar enough.

I am aware of RPGMaker MV, but i choose VX Ace because it was cheaper and i don't mind about porting for other supports. After all, no more than 5-10 people are ever going to play my game!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
redesigning art is not quick or easy, doing this for an entire RTP would require hundreds of hours of work.
And because this redesign has already been done by Degica for MV (which is a much more popular engine today), it is unlikely that someone will do that work again for VXA.
You could purchase the packs for MV and then resize them for VXA, but that is not a simple solution and might be too expensive for you if you choose Ace for the price - but you might want to check the sales, it might go down to an acceptable price if you wait long enough.

Discomusic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's great! Thank you and thanks to him/her/them!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin