Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to revisit the rules set to get access to classified?
Maybe instead check if the user owns the RPG Maker?

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Honestly the rules are due to too many fly by night commissions by those with low post counts, and had to be implemented to stop that. There's other reasons for it too, too numerous to mention, but I don't see them changing soon.

Also in my experience the number that have left due to it? Almost nil. Most that wish to use the engine come and at least engage in the off topic forums. Plus you need to build up a reputation else once your game comes out everyone will just go "Who?" when they see the game release.

Maybe try the off topic forums, there are some video game chats and other silly items there that you might like. Or offer feedback on other game threads. Those are ways to boost the count quickly.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
True, it might be impossible to know, but I've not heard of anyone actually finishing a game, here or with any other engine, where that got in the way. Sure, it might happen, but odds are low.

Now if the count is really an issue, there is the Steam forum that doesn't employ that (as far as I now), and I think our sister site (I don't have the link to it on hand right now, sorry) I don't think has a similar restriction.

Or again, try giving feedback on games. You can learn a lot by playing some demos here.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are a lot of things that are hurting RPG maker, I don't believe that this forum is one of them.

When making games you eventually have questions that can be answered here, you can also get inspiration from others struggles or even help out. And I haven't even mentionned yet the fact that you can introduce yourself and your game. Those 30 posts can come really fast.

Now, why are you turning to a forum to recruit if you don't like/use forums ? There are plenty of more efficient ways out there to get in touch directly with whoever you need without requiring the use of any forum.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Last edited:

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The forums here are not your only option and to be frank, not your best option either. If you're looking for requests to be filled for you or you're looking to do work for others, I would strongly recommend Discord servers, as well as itch.io. If its art related, like tilesets, busts, sprites etc then you can even find people on Deviant Art or other places Reddit but its still best to stick to RPG Maker related Discord servers. If you're selling your services itch.io has a great toolset for you to use for free. I see people in the RPG Maker Discord servers always posting they're available for commissions. I just know that you can figure out the current market and publicly see openings or advertise your services rather fast if you just dive into a few other outlets.

Anyway not sure if that helps at all but I figured I'd at least give my 2 cents, cheers.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes there is no perfect solution to satisfy everybody. This is one of them.

There were many problems when there were no restrictions. Fly by night requests made or fly by night answers are one of them. One of the most important issues was scamming, both in terms of not paying for the work and in terms of not delivering requested work, but demanding upfront pay. And the ones hurt by them the most were the ones, who were here for a long time. The 30 post threshold is not a perfect solution, you can definitely spam the 30 posts, but it's also nothing difficult to achieve if you're active in the community.

Btw. you can always ask people in PM if they're interested in a commission, nothing will forbid you from that as long as you aim it at relevant people and don't spam these messages.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe before trying to find people and plugins to buy, focus on trying out the engine and learning things first. That way Im pretty sure the 30 posts would come fast from the questions that will arise from your tests.

That way you will also know if the engine really is the one you should be using.

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for the tips.
:)

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have not read through the entirety of this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating something someone else has already said.

There are lots of places to buy resources or commission work other than this forum. I suspect the majority of custom art is not arranged here.

How long have you both been using RPG Maker? If you have some experience, there are a lot of newcomers with zero experience who ask for help with things, or feedback on ideas, and you could easily get to the 30 post requirement by spending a bit of time helping them or giving them feedback. There is a forum for suggested RPG Maker improvements, where you could add your thoughts to existing threads, or create a new one for suggestions nobody else has thought of yet.

See what you said about your first post and not having any replies? There are probably heaps of other threads where other people are in exactly the same situation, so you could help them as well as yourself by giving them feedback.

If you look for things like that, it'll actually be really easy to reach the number, and you'll be making useful contributions to the forum rather than just upping your post count. Look - you're a third of the way there already, and half of that is just from this thread :)

And you're not stepping on anyone's toes ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave