Click to Move

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Cyphyn, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Cyphyn

Cyphyn Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello folks.

I have a request for a PlugIn as my knowledge of JavaScript only allows me to modify, not create :p

I have scoured the forums and traveled the many reaches of Google and alas, my quest as turned up incomplete.

What I am looking for is a Script that will disable keyboard movement.  I don't want to disable the keyboard all together, because I would like keyboard shortcuts that will open up certain menus.  "I" for inventory, "K" for spells, etc.  I don't care what the buttons are, if it's editable, that'd be cool.  Anyways... if someone could help me make this, or point me in the direct of a script that does disable the keyboard, that'd be lovely.  The keyboard short cuts would be fine, but I want it to be strictly mouse input, at the very least.

Thank you, folks.

2. frzhrt834

frzhrt834 Infamous Warrior of Storms Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Cyphyn

Cyphyn Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks, I'll take a look through this :) I am finding plenty of scripts that allow you to do a lot of things with the mouse, however, the keyboard remains active, and I feel like all the tricked out mouse plugins will go to waste if the player can just use the keyboard.

4. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Not sure why someone would direct you to scripts for VX Ace when you're clearly requesting something for MV. I know it's not entirely what you want, but you can find a disable keyboard script here:

5. Cyphyn

Cyphyn Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh beautiful!! Thank you so much :) This'll do perfectly!!

6. frzhrt834

frzhrt834 Infamous Warrior of Storms Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whoops, sorry, forgive the noob here... I saw this from the main page so I couldn't see it...

:S

I feel bad.

7. NeoPGX

NeoPGX ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just wanted to give my input on this. If keyboard movement was disabled for an RPG Maker game some people may outright refuse to play it. I personally would not play it, That's the reason why I allow both mouse and keyboard control for my game.