angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok so I tried to make a simple customer system for the shop you own but the client doesn't leave the party when should. I have the selfswitch A enabled on a 2nd event page but she still lingers there and the other sprite still remains when it should've disappeared.

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you please post screenies of your event pages? Just so we can have more information about the problem and be able to help. ^^

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This cannot be solved without you showing us a screenshot of the event, including all pages of it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't help, you cut off the most important parts - the conditions and settings.

Please post full screenshots

And is the transfer to a different position on the same map?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Presumably both these pages are set to "Action Button" so your second page will only remove her from the party if you talk to her again.

angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That doesn't help, you cut off the most important parts - the conditions and settings.

Please post full screenshots

And is the transfer to a different position on the same map?
1. It transfers you to her office room where she alters the appearance of the client.

Presumably both these pages are set to "Action Button" so your second page will only remove her from the party if you talk to her again.
Yes both are set to action/enter.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. It transfers you to her office room where she alters the appearance of the client.
If the transfer goes to a different map, then all commands after the transfer will be ignored and never executed.
And please, show us the full screenshots - we cannot guess your conditions and settings on those event pages

angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heres the full versions

page1.png

page2.png

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why are you even adding the client to the party in the first place?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, these screenshots clearly show that you made both of the mistakes we assumed you've made.

The office room map is a different map than this one, so that means all the commands after the transfer player command (including the change actor graphic command) will never be executed.

And even if the transfer was on the same map, the second page would wait until the player goes back to this event and triggers it again.

You need to reorder the commands in a way that the transfer actor command is the last command to be executed. And from what I see here there is absolutely no need for the second page, simply move all those commands of the second page into the first page, after the choice but before the transfer command.

angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But what'll happen once the actor is on the other map?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm going to post a correction here. Events after a transfer event DO run, provided they are still in the same event as the transfer event (at least, they do for me on action button. player touch, and autorun. Maybe parallel process would fail though). You can test this easily by doing a transfer event, then a show text on the same event, the show text command still runs. What I think Andar means is the self switch A event cannot run though as it is on the wrong map, so the game interpreter doesn't find it.

angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
....but i don't know how to make npcs go isndie and leave once business is done...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what'll happen once the actor is on the other map?
If you want something to happen on the other map, then you need to have an event on that other map to make it happen

Events after a transfer event DO run, provided they are still in the same event as the transfer event
Yes and no - some commands will be executed, but a lot of the commands will not.
And either way, it'll become a nightmare in bughunting if something in such a sequence goes wrong, so it's a lot better to start doing transfer events in the secure way and never risk those problems.

Especially for new users that have problems getting their events to run correctly, those don't need the additional complications that can happen with transfer timings.

EDIT:

....but i don't know how to make npcs go isndie and leave once business is done...
I suggest you temporarily stop working on your own project, make a test project where you work through the tutorials to learn the basics of RM.
Follow the link in my signature to those tutorials

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try putting the thank you, remove party member event in the first event. Or, maybe ask yourself do you really need to do the map transfer in the first place? Many times there are ways around it, especially in this case.

@Andar: I can see that. When I use it it is for things like adding a tint, a fade in/out (fade in after the transfer, and after the tint), change the music (maybe the map has different musics for different parts of it), and sometimes a player comment or two ("Where did the floor just go?" or something like that). Those have no issues. Where I imagine an issue would arise is the new map would be unable to execute events from the old map, so anything related to that will not run. I'm assuming that is what you mean?

@angelique: Maybe you could try my solution? If you really *must* do a map transfer, add one to a variable before the transfer. Then, on the new map, set an event to autorun when that variable is >= the new value, and run the rest of the event. Once it is done, increase the variable by one more, and make page two nothing, with the condition variable >= the now increased value. This should turn off the event.

This does cost you a variable, but if you are using one for plot flow (recommended) or NPC flow, you could easily set one for the plot and/or NPC's.

You could also do the same thing with a switch, turning it ON with the transfer, then back OFF when the event is done (best if the event might repeat).

I'm on a public comp, so cannot show a screenshot to show what I mean. Maybe someone can clarify?

angelique

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want something to happen on the other map, then you need to have an event on that other map to make it happen

Yes and no - some commands will be executed, but a lot of the commands will not.

And either way, it'll become a nightmare in bughunting if something in such a sequence goes wrong, so it's a lot better to start doing transfer events in the secure way and never risk those problems.

Especially for new users that have problems getting their events to run correctly, those don't need the additional complications that can happen with transfer timings.

EDIT:

I suggest you temporarily stop working on your own project, make a test project where you work through the tutorials to learn the basics of RM.

Follow the link in my signature to those tutorials
I know it can be done with invisibility on the npc o3o...just guessing

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know it can be done with invisibility on the npc o3o...just guessing
It could be done that way, but it would cause problems because invisible events are still there, blocking movement and sometimes causing lag.
Please work through the tutorials - I know that this will take a minimum of one or two weeks if done properly, but believe me - it will speed up your own game work a lot to know how things were intended to be done.

There are simply too many small things that are often guessed wrong by those who ignore the tutorials, resulting in a lot of frustrated users and abandoned game projects.

You'll do yourself a favor if you stop guessing how to work on your own game until the tutorials showed you how to do everything correctly.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am going to also second Andar's suggestion. I didn't, and my first two - three months of work was utter garbage until I learned my way around the system. Prepare for a lot of to be done later events until you get better at the system if you do it my way (and I did eventually learn, but by reading what everyone else posted and the solutions, then trying it myself).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urunofficalvisualizer