RMMV Clockwork Cleanup - mini arena experimenting with Dragon Bones animations

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by SwiftIllusion, Sep 3, 2017.

1. SwiftIllusion

SwiftIllusion Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

A small project developed while experimenting with the recent Dragon Bones animation plugin

Clockwork Cleanup is a quick to engage mini battle arena with a strategic focus on maneuvering
    your characters across rows and pushing enemies around with your abilities to gain the advantage.

- - - Gameplay Video - - -

- - - Features - - -​
    • A quick tutorial with low level tactics to get you in combat fast, with extra info to refer back to within combat as your strategy evolves.
    • A battle system focusing on taking advantage of your row/speed and pushing/pulling enemies to gain the upper hand.
    • Dragon Bones animations that help increase the fluid action with battlers moving back and forth throughout battle.
    • Multiple difficulty levels for an extra challenge to be available after gaining experience with the combat (can be changed between battles via the options menu).
    - - - Screenshots - - -
    - During combat-
    [​IMG]
    - During the brief tutorial, which eases you in with control of just one of the Clockwork Battlers against 3 slimes -
    [​IMG]
    - During combat, in the Tutorial menu that lets you check the tutorial again or additional information to help you strategize -
    [​IMG]

- - - Team - - -
    Swift Illusion - Design, Development, Battler animations, miscellaneous art/code additions
    Ækashics - Testing and feedback

Additional Credits
    -- Game Engine --
    RPG Maker MV + some RMVX/Ace resources

-- Plugins --
    Yanfly
    TheGreenKel

-- Battler Graphics --
    Ækashics

- - - Download link - - -
    Via Google Drive

- - - Unencrypted Project Download link - - -​
    Part of the inspiration to create this project was to share how Dragon Bones Battlers
    could be used for both enemies and characters and take advantage of it in general.
    So, seeing another topic sharing Unencrypted Projects pre-MV, with this being a
    small project I thought this may help others with Dragon Bones/Combat mechanics.
    However, it is small so it's not too cleaned up/commented or mainly focused on this.
    Remember if using any of the projects content to properly direct credit to
    those responsible (see additional credits above).
    Though I animated them, the Battler Graphics are Ækashics so just credit them.

- - - Final Notes - - -​
    I really hope you like how this small project turned out. It has been a lot of fun having
    access to Dragon Bones animations, and I wanted to make an experience with those new
    battlers that people could get into quickly while also being engaging with light layers of
    additional strategy to develop, so I hope that's how you feel when you play it.

Susan and Dalph like this.
  2. RPG_MAKER_LOVER_0319

RPG_MAKER_LOVER_0319 Warper

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can I have some of the Sprites I need for my game I will credit you in my game so pls can i have some of the sprites?

3. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RPG_MAKER_LOVER_0319 If you mean the battler graphics, the poster makes it clear where they got those from. Otherwise you may ask where the other sprites came from, as they may also be a free-to-use source, but please don't beg a game creator to necessarily give you their resources.

Susan and SwiftIllusion like this.
  4. SwiftIllusion

SwiftIllusion Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As @mlogan says, if you use the second download link under 'Unencrypted Project Download link' you will find the assets I used.
    However you need to give proper credit to Ækashics if using the battlers, and please don't ask for the content of a game like that in the future as it felt unfair, aggressive and demanding. These assets are only available because I intended to share them, but many understandably create assets exclusively for their own projects.

Susan and Dalph like this.
  5. RPG_MAKER_LOVER_0319

RPG_MAKER_LOVER_0319 Warper

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you I didn't see the link

6. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph (RM Tyrant - Overlord of Memes)™

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That was a very fun ride.
    Loved the customization of the battle system with the rows\pushing\pulling and the animations looked so smooth and professionally made in battle, they really added a lot of dynamism that you don't see it in many rm games nowdays and made Ækashics battlers even better.
    Glad to see you are collaborating with him, can't wait to see what you guys will come up with in future. Well done!

SwiftIllusion and Susan like this.
  7. SwiftIllusion

SwiftIllusion Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm so happy to hear you had fun with it, thank you very much for giving it a shot :)!
    Yeah it was a blast to see all of the motion in action during battle. Originally there was just going to be one player character but I'm glad I added the second as I think that helps strengthen that feeling more, especially with all of the row navigation as you mentioned.
    Happy that it worked out for the best and you liked all of that :D.
    Thanks so much, I'm excited for the collaboration too so I'll do my best to keep the standards for the animations high :).

Dalph likes this.