First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Clone Actors
Version 0.03
Silva

Introduction
This is a simple plugin that allows actors to be cloned via plugin command.

Features
Create clones of actors from the information held in the database.
Add these actors to the party immediately.
Store the new actors ID to a game variable to use in future event commands or scripts.
Remove cloned actors when finished with them.

How to Use
Download the plugin and place it in your project's js/plugins/ folder. Add this plugin as a new entry in the Plugin Manager. This will add the plugin and its command as options in the "Plugin command" event command.

Terms of Use
This plugin can be used for free in both commercial and non-commercial games, provided you credit me - Silva.
You may edit my plugin for your own personal use, but I would ask that you don't redistribute edits. You may instead create your own extension plugin and distribute that.

Last edited:

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Silva, I've tried this plugin, I was hoping I can clone my actor and do some action sequence through VisuStella. However, I have few questions.

I did clone my actor(I only have 1 actor for test playing) and she appeared in slot 2 of my partry, but where I can find or know her actor index and actor ID? I think I need them so I can control this clone actor during action sequence. I've tried 0, 1, 2, but nothing worked.

Besides, is there any way to delete the clone? When the action sequence is finished, I need the clone actor to be deleted, but I couldn't find a way to do it.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi cchmaster, thanks for trying the plugin.

I haven't used many of VisuStella's plugins so I might need an example of what you're doing (a screenshot is probably easiest). If it's possible to use scripts when putting in the actor ID, you could save the cloned actor's ID to a variable through the clone actor plugin command and retrieve it using the following script:

Code:
$gameVariables.value(x);
//replace x with variable ID used in clone actor plugin command

The current version of the plugin doesn't actually have a method for removing actors. It should be easy enough to add though. I'm fairly busy with work at the moment, but can look into adding it over the weekend.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for replying Silva. I think this is a very potential plugin. I've already got several ideas in my mind.

I'll explain first, and then I'll try to upload picture on the weekend if necessary.

1. The idea for action sequence is like this. During a battle, I would clone my actor first, and then the two same actors will together perform some skill like an X Slash. In the end, delete the clone.

2. I'm also thinking about using this plug for summoning magic. Pre-make few actors in database, and I can use this plugin to summon(clone) them to the battlefield, maybe for few turns. When turn is up, the clone is deleted as the magic disappears.

So far, deleting is a must for the plugin to be used in RM.

If it's possible, please make this plugin better and more complete. But of course, take your time. I can wait. Thanks so much. :D

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin updated to version 0.03, allowing cloned actors to be deleted/removed.

@cchmaster I think I understand what you're trying to achieve. I'm just not entirely sure how Action Sequences work. A picture of the event / plugin command might help me understand. :)

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Silva, thanks for updating the plugin, but where's the link to v0.03?

I've tried again, and found a way to control the clone now, to use the party index. My party has 2 actors, and the 1st actor use clone and add it to the party, so the clone will on the 3rd position of my party. Then I use just plugin command to control the 3rd party member.

As for action sequence, the notetag <Custom Action Sequence> is put in the skill's Note, and a common event is bind to the skill. Then I edit the common event with all kinds of commands to make my actor to do whatever I want. After those are done, I just use the skill in battle and my actor will do it.

Here is the common event which I use to test your clone plugin. With this, my 1st actor clone herself and put the clone on 3rd slot in the party(2 actors in my party). Then 1st actor and the clone will move forward to get close to the enemy.
common event.png

The Battle Core plugin provides many target options to control. I think they are hard coded in the plugin. Don't know if I can use a script call for it.
target.png

Since I found a way to move the clone, if I get your v0.03, I might get something done. I'll do more research.

Thank you for your plugin and efforts.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's my bad, I added the plugin to the wrong folder in dropbox. The link in the main post should work now. :)

From what I can see it looks like the Targets (Moving) section doesn't allow js input so addressing the actor via variable wouldn't work. Your solution should work so long as you have the clone in the same position in the party every time the skill is used. Do you have a solution for how you'll handle this when your party contains 4 or more battlers? (or however many actors take part in battle)

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Quick reply. I haven' tested it when I have full party with 4 members. I'll do it when I have time.

However, I use a debug plugin to see the variable value. I found the 1st clone's actor ID is 21, and the 2nd is 22. With this ID number I can control the clone. Does this ID number is assigned by your plugin or MZ itself?

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's handled by my plugin for the clones. The clone IDs will start from the number of actors you have in the database +1 and go up by 1 each time a new one is created. If there are any gaps made by deleting clones, new clones will fill the gaps. eg.

Create Clones 1-3:
Clone 1 (ID 21), Clone 2, (ID 22), Clone 3 (ID 23)

Delete Clone 2:
Clone 1 (ID 21), Clone 3 (ID 23)

Create Clone 4:
Clone 1 (ID21), Clone 3 (ID 23), Clone 4 (ID 22)

Hopefully that helps. :)

SirStylus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed for my game! One issue, though, the Delete Clone (ID) command doesn't seem to work.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem Stylus, I'm just happy people are using my plugin. :D

Keep in mind when you're using the Delete Clone (ID) command that you need to use the actor ID of the clone, not the actor ID of the original actor. For example my game has 3 actors (ID's are 1-3), if I make a clone it will have an actor ID of 4 so to remove it I need to set the ID to 4 within the Delete Clone (ID) command. If you're still having trouble with this send a screenshot of your event that creates the clone and the event that deletes the clone and we can try and figure out what's happening.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph
Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdev