Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much Shaz! You have no idea how useful this is going to be in this project (extremely essential). I work with a lot of events, hundreds and hundreds to make the Might and Magic experience come true. This is such a time saver, especially when changes are needed. I will give you full credits in LOE and share your kindness for translating this on the LOE FB page. Thank you very much.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to control the position of the cloned event?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The script allows you to place an event as a dummy that will then copy the pages of another event. The position is not modified and it keeps its event id, so you can reposition it from another event.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
You might try out Yanfly's Spawn Event. I also did an edit on Spawn Event which fixes a few bugs and adds the ability to name, locate and delete the event.
Unfortunately, Yanfly's script was the first one I came across. :) It didn't work out for me for different reasons. In the end, I had to get my hands dirty and work with events! Thank you for the support!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
<3 LOVE THIS!!! <3

izanamikun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Questions:

1) Does this clone everything exactly, or is there a way to alter variables used by each clone-child?

2) Can the clone dummies be called from a different map?

-if not, then can I assume they can still be called in the same map to another location?

3) Does each instance require a dummy event, or is it possible to generate one in-game when needed?

Thanks for the script, hopefully I'll figure out how to put it to good use!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) They are exactly the same. I have thought it might be nice to allow some things to be different (like a quick event, I guess), but haven't pursued the option.

2) Not really sure what you're asking. What do you mean "can they be called?" You can have your original event on one map, and the clones on all different maps.

3) As it's written, each instance would require a dummy event. To generate one in-game you would need an event spawn script. These could be troublesome though, depending on how they're created and what your clone events do - if they use self switches and you're not guaranteed of getting the same number spawned each time, or in the same order, the self switches could already be set on a spawned event from a previous visit to the map, when they shouldn't be.

izanamikun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, I was asking if they could be moved like normal events, but if they could also be moved from other maps. But I guess that would just follow the normal rules for events.

Thanks for getting back to me today!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events belong to maps. You can't move an event from one map to another. You only make it LOOK like that's happened by using similar events on each map and switches/variables to determine when they are visible.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Shaz, is there any chance that you might be making a MV version to this script? Both the VX and VX Ace versions are highly useful and a huge time saver for those who use a lot of events.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could, but someone else has already made a Clone Event plugin.  Check it out and let me know if you think it'll do what you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NasTheeToad