Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Clone Events v1.0
Shaz
Introduction
When you have heaps of events that are all exactly the same, and then you decide you want to make one small change, finding every single event and repeating that change can be a nightmare. This script will let you create an event once, and then clone it to any other map. If you decide you want to change something, you change one event on one map. That’s it.

How to Use
Paste into a new script slot below Materials. If there are conflicts with other scripts that alias the Game_Event.initialize method, place this script above those.

Set Your Preferences
CLONE_MAP - set this to nil if you want to copy events from any map, or to the map id (no leading zeros) if you want to keep all your source events on a single map.
USE_NAME - set this to true if you want to name your source events (all source events on the same map must have unique names), or to false if you want to refer to events via their ids (no leading zeros).

Create Your Source Events
Create the events to be copied just like you'd create any regular event. If CLONE_MAP is set to a map number, all of these source events should be on that map. If USE_NAME is set to true, all of the source events on a single map should have unique names

Create your Clones
On the map the player will visit, create a 'dummy' event (you can name it if you want, but you don't have to; you can also give it an event graphic if you want, which will help you identify/locate it later should the need arise).
This dummy event will have a single event page, with one event command - a comment.

If you are cloning events from any map (CLONE_MAP = nil) and using event names (USE_NAME = true),

Code:
<clone mapid eventname><clone 18 ogre>
If you are cloning events from any map (CLONE_MAP = nil) and using event ids (USE_NAME = false),
Code:
<clone mapid eventid><clone 18 7>
If all your source events are on the same map (CLONE_MAP = 18 or other map id) and you are using event names (USE_NAME = true),
Code:
<clone eventname><clone ogre>
If all your source events are on the same map (CLONE_MAP = 18 or other map id) and you are using event ids (USE_NAME = false),
Code:
<clone eventid><clone 7>
Script
Get it here

Credit and Thanks
- Shaz

Author's Notes
Free for use in commercial games. Give credit.

This script was originally posted over here for VX Ace, but erthia requested a conversion to VX. The scripts are slightly different, but they work in exactly the same way.

Last edited:

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks again Shaz for converting this, greatly appreciated. I tried to go to the pastebin link and it say page cannot be found.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry - I made a typo. Should have just copied and pasted. Please try again.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it!!! Thanks again Shaz! The script is working great! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akahi