Close of application in android mobiles

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by dandorf, Jun 20, 2019.

1. dandorf

dandorf Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'm creating a game in RPG MAKER MV.

In PC everything is going well and it never closes, but when it comes to testing it on mobile, I create my apk with Android Studio (as I saw in a tutorial of this forum, with MV Client) but when I have been playing for a while (20 -30min approx) the game closes automatically without giving an error message.

I have read through the forum that it is recommended that the game occupy less than 100MB. It turns out that mine occupies 160MB, although the game is not great, I use some images (not very large) and own music (which is what most deals with the game's assets).

I have several questions: Is the cause of the game closing due to issues of cache / memory and use of resources? If so, how can I compress the music? Is it mandatory that the game occupies less than 100MB to work without closing? I'm very confused Thank you.

PD: Sorry for my bad English, I'm not native

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    first is to find the cause of this problem.

please go to your project folder in your computer, to the js folder there and open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor (do not doubleclick it)
    the second line should be the title line - what is the number at the end of that line? If there is no number it is version 1.0

please start RMMV, go to help-about. what is the version number of your editor displayed there? It might be the same as the one of the core, but most likely not.

then please go to the plugin manager and give us a screenshot of that as not all plugins can work on mobile. Some plugin simply require resources that are not available on a mobile, and those can cause problems.

do not change anything, just give us the two version numbers (including which one is the core and which one is the editor) and the screenshot.

3. dandorf

dandorf Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thanks for answering!!

I attach the images that you have asked me,

The program itself is 1.6.2 too, like the core.

Attached Files:

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    those are all OK - you don't have a memory leak or something like that, the cause needs to be something else.

What are the specs of the device? if it is on the low end or has a lot of apps installed then it can still be a memory issue (although none that you can do something about), because the garbage collector usually works with 30 min frames. In that case you might have to deinstall some apps to make room for new games.

and you might want to look into how to do screenshots, because screenshots can be done internally without photographing the monitor, and then they have much better quality.

5. dandorf

dandorf Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    My phone is
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 32GB+3GB RAM.

I do not have many apps installed, and no games, only my game.

I have tried removing some music from the game and I have tried it again on the mobile, occupying 30MB less. And interestingly, now he has put up with me a little longer before closing. Does it mean that the less MB my game has, the more it holds without closing?

If I manage to put it below 100MB, maybe it never closes? I do not know if this has something to do ...

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you see that different numbers? There is a reason why that are two numbers and not combined.

The gamesize is stored on the drive - that is the first number, 32GB. That should NOT cause problems unless the mobile storage is almost full (which could be due to a lot of photos or videos taken). there is a function on your mobile to check how much space is free in storage, if it has 1-2 GB left of those 32 that should be enough.

the 3GB RAM is more critical - and that is not about the number of programs installed, but about the number of programs active at any given moment. I know a lot of people that never shutdown their programs, resulting in hundreds of instances of websites and dozens of timers, calendars, anything else open at the same time, and that would cause problems here.
    There should also be a special button on your mobile to show the active programs and give you the ability to scroll through them and close them (often that button is one or two squares). check if you have many open and if yes close them before testing.