[Closed] Animated Sideview Enemies | Plugin Released

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Plugin is now released here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48860-yep-yanfly-engine-plugins-newest-animated-sideview-enemies-plugin-count-44/?p=521954

Le0Mhcr.jpg

Hello, RM'ers!

I've begun work on this a few weeks ago because I was notified that another animated enemies plugin clashes with my battle engine, due to incompatibilities. So rather than patch those incompatibilities, I figured it'd be easier if I just made my own plugin for it. As a result, I worked up this plugin and allowed my supporters to beta test it. I haven't been reported many problems yet, so I imagined it's in a relatively stable state. So now, it's time to push it to the next step: more open beta!

http://yanfly.moe/beta/YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js

This plugin requires the Battle Engine Core, so naturally, you'll place it underneath the Battle Engine Core in the plugin list. If you're using Action Sequence Pack 2, there's a new update for it if you want the animated enemies to be able to jump and such.

Also, please make sure you have the most updated versions of the plugins (including the Battle Engine Core). You can grab them here.

This plugin draws its animated battler data from your img/sv_actors folder. So if you want your enemy to look like Harold, you'd use this notetag in the enemy notebox:

<Sideview Battler: Actor1_1>If you want to randomize the graphic used, just insert more into the notebox like this:

<Sideview Battler: Actor1_1><Sideview Battler: Actor1_8><Sideview Battler: Actor2_7><Sideview Battler: Actor3_8>This plugin does NOT require you to have a matching enemy graphic with a matching filename in your sv_enemy folder or enemy folder.

There are "breathing" options for both static and animated enemies. Since having breathing options for the animated enemies is a bit redundant, I enabled it strictly for the static enemies only (although you can adjust this in the parameter settings. If you have Action Sequence Pack 2, enemies can now float by default, too. You can change the intensity of the breathing/floating through the plugin parameters and/or notetags.

You can insert multiple sideview graphics to randomize your enemy appearances. Whatever you throw into the notebox will be whatever that enemy can potentially become.

Multiple sideview weapons can now be inserted to randomize the type of weaponry they'll have. You can do this using either the simple notetag (which uses the default settings) or the advanced notetag, where you can customize the weapon index, attack motion, and animation associated with it.

Idle motions also have a random pool, too. This way, enemies can appear a bit more dynamic if you decide to use only one battler graphic. My personal favorites are wait, walk, and victory. It's fun seeing happy battlers. XD

Almost all of the motions are now customizable. This ranges from Damage to Evade, Escape, Guard, Abnormal, Sleep, Dying, and Dead motions.

Using custom battler graphics, you now have the option to globally set their width, height, individually set their width, height, or have the plugin itself automatically do it for you. I personally prefer automatic but sometimes you just want a particular enemy to be a bit more personal and up close so the option's there for you to use.

And for those wondering about the cute slimes I'm using in the image, it's a battler sheet made by one of my good friends who will be making his introductory appearance very soon! :D You can grab the sprite sheet here in the meantime!

http://yanfly.moe/beta/Slime1_1.png

To see the cute slime in action, save it to your sv_actors folder, use the following notetags in an enemy notebox:

<Sideview Battler: Slime1_1><Sideview Idle Motion: walk><Sideview Idle Motion: wait><Sideview Idle Motion: victory>Anyway, happy beta testing! I'm not sure as to when the release of this plugin will be since there's still a few more features I want to add. We'll see~

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've quickly tested it. I thought that Rexal's plugin was working perfectly with my project, but it apparently removed the enemy names from the selection. Apart from that, it is indeed behaving in the same way, actions sequences included.

If I come up with any bug, I'll write it here.

Thanks for your hard work (I'm eagerly waiting for Action Sequence Pack 4 by the way :D )

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I found this compactibility issue with kadokawa plugin battle voice ^^

When I turn of the Battle Voice, everything is fine IMO.

2qd7q0h.jpg

kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
$gameTroop.requestMotionRefresh is undefined in your Game_Party.prototype.requestMotionRefresh patch,

I only have the battle engine core and this plugin as per your instruction

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I found this compactibility issue with kadokawa plugin battle voice ^^

When I turn of the Battle Voice, everything is fine IMO.

2qd7q0h.jpg
This should get that taken care of: :D

http://yanfly.moe/beta/YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js

$gameTroop.requestMotionRefresh is undefined in your Game_Party.prototype.requestMotionRefresh patch,

I only have the battle engine core and this plugin as per your instruction
This should be in the updated version of the Battle Engine Core. http://yanfly.moe/yep/changelog/

I'll make a modification to the main post to require the most updated Battle Engine Core.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
For now, basically anything that be applied to actor actions and such should be able to be used together with enemies, too. Naturally, that will include voices. Although, be careful about having equipment and levels effects if they aren't defined for the enemy too.

kentaromiura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
For now, basically anything that be applied to actor actions and such should be able to be used together with enemies, too. Naturally, that will include voices. Although, be careful about having equipment and levels effects if they aren't defined for the enemy too.
Wow alright, that's more nice if enemy can do voice too.

Yeah I'll be careful for that levels effect.

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious if there will be hue setting optons? For those of us who want to reuse an enemy but dont want multiple sheets for the same sprite in different colors?

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is so neat! Im guessing since you specify side battles it's not going to be compatible with front view battles? 

EDIT: I just tried it out with front view battles and it worked fine so i guess the answer to my question above is no . I can't wait to see the finished version of this... It'll add so much life to battles visually.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
This is so neat! Im guessing since you specify side battles it's not going to be compatible with front view battles? 

EDIT: I just tried it out with front view battles and it worked fine so i guess the answer to my question above is no . I can't wait to see the finished version of this... It'll add so much life to battles visually.
It can be used for frontview. :)

It's just called "Sideview" because it utilizes the battler sheet format of the Animated Sideview Actors.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed something I missed before. Could you add shadows under the enemy battlers, as we currently have under the actors ?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I noticed something I missed before. Could you add shadows under the enemy battlers, as we currently have under the actors ?
They're already there. :) You can add them in through the parameters.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*facepalm*

Okay, I will refrain from posting just after I woke up. It will help me not to embarrass myself like this :D

Otakuhn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have the plugin in my plugins folder but its not appearing in my plugin list

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok so i just tried to setup random attack motions the same as the idle motions (since my slimes only attack and the skill/spell/missile motions are so CUTE) but i only ever got thrust... thrust wasn't an option.

pavilion5097

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So slight problem im having. Im using all 3 action sequence packs and just doing a standered attack where the enemy or player moves over and attacks the enemy. For the player chacters this works fine but for side view enemy sprites it will attack twice instead of just once. Also if i take out the normal attack under action patterns to try to make the enemy use a diffrent attack to see if those are working properly they wont do anything and skip a turn.

Only other plugins i have are YEP_ItemCore & ItemUpgradeSlots
YEP battle engine core + all actseqpacks (which ive just upgraded to the newest availble versions)
and YEP visual HP Gauge

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wuyuzhi