[CLOSED]Art/Game's Anime-Wannabe realistic Portrait!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by JoePie, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Man your art looks gorgeous! 

I'll surely request something when I'm done writing the story ;)

JoePie likes this.
  2. Balako

Balako PattyCake assosiation Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    abuse free gorgeous art!!!

3. avitron142

avitron142 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for your help here! It's much appreciated  :)  

Game Title (and link?): Project Kid (not mapped yet, so no link unfortunately. Soon enough!)

Character name: Yosuke Matsuda

Character trait and description: A picture would be better inspiration: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/yosuke-matsuda-president-of-square-enix-holdings-co-poses-for-a-an-picture-id451492124

Additional notes: I would need a carefree (and happy) face, a neutral (serious) face, a mocking face, and an angry (shouting) face.

Let me know if that works for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  4. JoePie

JoePie of Art/Game Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Hey @avitron142, I don't think I can accept the request, since the Character is an actual person.  B)

5. avitron142

First Language:
    English
    Real people are allowed to be used in games, ironically game characters cannot but their creators can legally. If you are still uncomfortable with it though, I'll let you know of a different character. Let me know!

6. Balako

Balako PattyCake assosiation Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    i dont think thats how it works...at the very least you need their consent before hands, no?

7. avitron142

First Language:
    English
    Nope. There have been many times where real and famous people were used (Einstein, Beethoven, Shakespear etc.) in books, movies, and games without their express permission. As long as you put a disclaimer in the beginning of the game, and don't claim in-game that they did anything plausible, you're good to go. I plan on depicting actions that they have done in public, as well as use phrases they have used in interviews.

What I want to do doesn't fall under Defamation, False Light, or Right of Privacy in any way, I plan to stay far away from those. Here's an article on it: http://publishlawyer.com/publishing-faq/#Q_May_I_use_real_people_or_characters_based_on_real_people_in_my_writing

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  8. GhostWaffle

GhostWaffle The ectoplasmic Waffle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry But I wanted to ask if a person is limited to only one request?

9. JoePie

First Language:
    Not English
    @Balako @avitron142 Well mate. When I said "no real person", actually it's not about legal or not to use real person, but I don't like to, as I draw too much of these in my Day Job. But thanks for taking the issue seriously. Let me know if you need any helping hands!

@GhostWaffle Sure NO. But I only take request from same project or person once or two in a week. Let me know more info for next character?  BD

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016
  10. GhostWaffle

First Language:
    English
    Thanks alot and here is the info for the character:

Game Title: Neo Questeria (Yeah I finally put it up)

Character name: Nate

Character trait and description:Nate is a young 19 year old guy who lives in a shack in a forest because he is broke and does not have enough money to buy a house in a town.He may be broke but he retains his healthy body by training almost every day but that's about the only hard-work he does and it is his laziness in other matters which made him broke even though he is very good with dual wielding daggers and is not afraid of using them.

Physical traits:He is young as such he has a mostly clean face.He has rough shaggy hair and hazel eyes.His body constitution is good but not on the level of cross as such he is relatively skinny. He has a goofy smile on his face most of the time except for those rare moments where he is saddened or enraged at which point his emotions are at their extreme.He wears a green Sleeveless high-neck which is covered on the chest by a leather chest plate. He Wears Leather gauntlets and shin-guards as well while his two blades are sheathed on his back.Over this he wears a scarf which just covers about his chin.

Additional notes:I think I may have gone overboard with the character but originally this was our plan for the character but since I am a really bad artist I couldn't really make it but anyway heres the information and thanks.

11. JoePie

First Language:
    Not English
    View attachment 34406

Come on @GhostWaffle this is a very cool sample of art request! I know it would be better with a RM generated face like what you show in gamepost above, but it's very detail and approachable by itself. Goodjob, and Quest Accepted!

12. GhostWaffle

First Language:
    English
    Thank you and can't wait to see what you make this time  :D

13. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Those look pretty awesome. I might want to request something, once MV gets updated to pixi 4 and i can finally go back to proper developing ^^

14. JoePie

First Language:
    Not English
    @ShujiHere you go your lovely Lady Serill! Best of luck to your project!

Serill.png

That's fine! Although I wonder why waiting? Is updating to Pixi4 bring any major help in developing?

Balako and RocketKnight like this.
  15. Shuji

Shuji Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @JoePie It's perfect man! I really love it!  :rock-left: BD

16. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I dunno but look what Nessy said!

17. JoePie

First Language:
    Not English
    @Kloe Cool! So it's basically heavy optimization for smoother experience @ mobile platform!  :guffaw: Thanks for update!

18. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    For me it means, that (hopefully) WebGL filters will be fixed and i'll be able to draw dynamic, pixel perfect shadows, which i want to turn into a small horror game ^^

19. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous :) Could I request a picture of one of my characters?

Game title: Shizuka's Story (no link as yet, I'm still working on the first chapter)

Character name: Sakagami Shizuka

Character description: Shizuka is (when the story begins) an ordinary schoolgirl in a modern-day setting. She is 15 years old, with long straight black hair, blue eyes, small ruby earrings. Her friends think she is beautiful but she doesn't think so herself. She is wearing a dark green sweater.

She is shy, very loyal to her close friends but finds it difficult to open up to others. She is serious and intellectually curious, and concentrates her energy on a small number of interests. She is physically active, and adept at fighting with a wooden staff.

20. JoePie

First Language:
    Not English
    Now @Aoi Ninami, I wonder can you pm me at least some of in-game screenshot, and maybe a generated face closest to Shizuka's outlook? 

Also there's a change of rules to cut down Spamming request. You gotta have a game link if you're not over 50 reputation. Oh and No PM, post here instead.

And here you go the Futura @RocketKnight! I made it as per your design! But found I have to tweak some of it to make her shape fit with Maria's. Let me know what you think!

Maria_Ori.png same.jpg
    2016-04-06 10_35_13-Regarding bust of....png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
    Balako, RocketKnight and Shuji like this.