[Closed] MV Community School NPC Workshop!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Rhino, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, welcome to my workshop! :kaohi:

This is open to any characters for the RPG Maker MV School Community Project! Whether you want a custom sprite piece, a unique expression, or a behaviour, I'm here to help out!

Rules:
    • One character per person
    • Only for Veterans (30+ posts)
    • Don't make requests for specific characters- this thread is for the school project only!
    • Please fill out the request form properly- I can't make something based on a vague description
    • If you want me to use pieces from other artists- make sure their ToS allows editing+ sharing!
    • Don't make a request if all the slots are full, please wait until one becomes available.
    • I reserve the right to decline your request without explaining myself. (Most likely reasons; you came across as rude/entitled, didn't follow the request form properly or are asking for something that's too much/too complex)

Terms Of Use:

• You can use your character in other non-commercial projects, though you might like to specify if other people are allowed to use them as well
    • Please remember to add the correct credit when sharing
    • I'd appreciate if you could add a link back to this workshop when you share it elsewhere!
    I can make a sprite, faceset or both!
    [​IMG](Pieces by Hiddenone+comsho)
    MV Generator Style
    [​IMG]
    MV Special Style (to match the default faces)
    [​IMG]
    (Credit to Palxan and Verdibona for mouths)
    Be warned if you ask for this- I find it hard to do so you might get delayed/not a perfect match to the RTP

Request Form:
    *When requesting a faceset only ‡Optional, but can be helpful
    Type of Resource: Sprite / Faceset / Both
    Appearance: Outfit, Hair, Accessories, Colours ‡(mention tone where appropriate e.g. light/dark)
    ‡Reference Images: (link)
    ‡Other Parts: (link) If you'd like me to use/edit any existing/rtp resources. Please make sure edits/shares are allowed.
    ‡Behaviours: Walking/Something based off whtdragons bases. (I'm not entirely sure if these can be used in the project but I'll offer it anyway!) Only 2 per character please!
    ‡*Faceset Style: MV Generator or Special- if blank will default to Generator Style
    *If Special Style: Pick one of the rtp faces your character is most like/send me a generator face that matches as close as you can.
    Expressions: Up to 8 expressions!
    ‡Expression References: I can replicate expressions from animes if you send me a ref image!
    ‡Personality: Tell me anything that you think might come in handy!

Slots:
    With the closure of the MV school, I've decided to close this workshop. Thanks to everyone who made a request or supported this workshop! Hope we meet again soon ♡

Thanks for stopping by :kaoluv:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Nenen, Zealraid, Rabosion and 6 others like this.
  2. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    TYPE
    Sprite

APPEARANCE
    • Heavily armored (etc, knight); deep grey with silver accent
    • Brown of hair, styled as closely as possible to that in my profile picture, with light beard
    • No special instructions, express your creativity!
    BEHAVIOUR
    Walking

PERSONALITY
    Stoic and bold

PERMISSIONS
    Free for use by all and anywhere

3. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First request is finished :kaojoy:
    [​IMG]

4. dbchest

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fast turn-around time, with a quality result. Nicely done.

Rhino likes this.
  5. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns It's a trap! ...Or is it? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Type of Resource:
    Both
    Appearance: Outfit: Student Uniform, Preferably similar to my avatar picture/first reference picture, but anything will do! Hair: Black, short. Accessories: A badge or patch on the sleeve and collar similar to 1st reference picture; I wish there was an official logo or picture that represented the Community school event! Colours: As long as he has blue skin and red eyes and a uniform, colours are whatever fits your creativity!
    Reference Images:
    Outboundthrawn.jpg

White Uniform with arms crossed: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png
    White uniform full length: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9200000/Grand-Admiral-Thrawn-star-wars-9246458-333-500.jpg

Character referenced is Mitth'raw'nuruodo (Grand Admiral Thrawn) from the Star Wars Universe (Author: Timothy Zahn, Probably owned by Disney in some way :dizzy:). Part of the Chiss race.
    Behaviours: Regular sprite sheet & Arms crossed. Arms crossed similar to second reference pics, if possible :).
    Faceset Style: MV Generator
    Expressions: Serious, Serious with raised eyebrow; super serious and an Extra dash of Spock.. er serious? (First two and I'll be grateful and exceptionally happy!)
    Expression References: See reference images.
    Personality: Pragmatic, serious, military type. I intend to submit him for a disciplinarian position for the School community project. Even if he just acts as a hall pass checker :guffaw:.

Thank you for the workshop and the request consideration! Have a good one!

6. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Type of Resource: Both
    Appearance: Use attached picture "pic1" as reference for face and hair, and "pic2" as reference for outfit.
    Expressions: I'll leave that to you; just include a good mixture of smiling, serious, sad....
    Personality: Friendly and approachable; quiet most of the time, but enthusiastic when she gets to talk with people who share her interests.

Permission: I'm afraid I would rather not give permission for others to use this.

[EDIT: Removed reference pictures now that request has been finished.]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi Rhino, thanks for doing this.

I'm not familiar with the mv generator, so I looked at your generator resources here https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rhinos-random-resources-updated-12-9.78809/ for some inspiration. I uploaded some of those resources to show you what I'd like. (posted at the End).

Type of Resource:
    Both
    Appearance: Outfit: Mostly purple. Wearing an armor. (Neck from the reference photo.).
    Hair and Other Infos: See reference Image at the end of this post
    ‡Behaviours: Walking Sprite
    ‡*Faceset Style: The one from your MV Random Resources topic
    Expressions: 2 from the reference image below. 1 with teary eyes but smiling. Is there a tongue sticking out option? :p
    Closed eyes with a neutral mouth. Smiling with closed eyes. Any other to your liking.
    ‡Personality: Solitary, dreamer, silly at times, impractical and worrying, faithful, compassionate.
    Permission: Cannot be used by others. :kaocry:

Some references from your other topic:
    chartips mv starlightdream.png
    (All images above are by Rhino)

Thanks a lot! :kaosalute:

Marsigne likes this.
  8. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just dropping in to say that I was super-impressed with the character Rhino made for me :D Thank you so much!

9. dbchest

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do we get to see it?

10. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a little preview ^^ The full set is here, but as a reminder it's not for use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The custom hair was definitely the hardest part of this. :kaocry:I'm still learning, so I hope I might be a bit quicker next time!

The other two slots are finished too, I'm just waiting to hear back if there's any edits that need doing before those will be classed as complete.

Edit: A preview of Starlight Dream's character:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. LightDiviner

LightDiviner That Guy With Lots of Ideas Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Type of Resource: Sprite
    Appearance: Casual black hoodie, Long pink hair with purple end bits, Training sword (like, one of those used in kendo or something. Cause you know, it's a school), ...skin tone? Eh, fair. Not too dark, not too light.
    ‡Reference Images:
    BKfightA.png

Her battle sheet from 2003. Not a true final appearance, just something to use for the reference.
    ‡Behaviours:
    Don't have a real recommendation for behavior. Just walking around I guess.
    ‡*Faceset Style: Nothing special, just like a standard faceset. Happy, sad, grumpy, etc.
    ‡Personality: Carefree, not one to follow the norms. Tells almost everyone she meets that she will forge her own destiny, not caring what others want her to accomplish. (basically, informing them they don't have to do the standard, "Hero of destiny" thing pretty much every standard RPG does.) Calling her cute makes her upset, but deep down she kinda likes it.

12. starlight dream

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The one you made for @LightDiviner is so beautiful, with those bright Blue eyes. ^^b

Marsigne and Rhino like this.
  13. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's the two that haven't been shared on here yet!
    LightDiviner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She's in the base project right now ^^

Titris Thrawns:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Burn credit- Hiddenone)
    And with that, we're back to full slots again!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  14. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IGMC over, workshop back open! :kaoluv:

(Might be a little slow since I'm trying to review as many games as my thumbs can bear, but send in a request if you'd like!)

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  15. SuperMasterSword

SuperMasterSword That Guy You Dont Know Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, I know this is pretty late but I only found out about the project recently and would love to help in any way I can. But that's irrelevant anyway, so let's cut to the chase!

Type of Resource: Both. However, the sprites are modifications (or possibly based off?) of existing generator things. At least one face is a complete redraw, all the others I need you can either modify the expression or redraw it, basically if you just want to for whatever reason (think it would look better, or don't because you have other work, either is fine)
    Appearance: I don't think this is necessary since I already have bases.
    superMasterSword.png
    superMasterSword.png
    As far as permissions go, these were made completely from default generator parts, so they should be safe.
    ‡Behaviours: For one I would like him to be looking down playing a Nintendo Switch in handheld mode (it will be called "Frentendo Change" or something obvious parody in the project of course). One note is that I would like one joy-con to be blue (a similar color to his hat, and less close to the actual blue joy-cons) and the other to be a nice forest green.

His second sprite would be him in a thoughtful/pondering pose. The classic one with his right hand on his chin, and his left hand supporting his right elbow, probably with his head looking down, I would also like a face to go with this pose but that is later.

Now I know you said only two, but I would also like one with him just with his head looking downwards at the floor, I thought it would be simple since it could be similar to him playing the Switch but without holding the Switch. However, if you choose not to do this one, I understand, and I would prefer the others ones instead.
    ‡*Faceset Style: Should probably go without saying but Generator Style in order to keep consistency.
    Expressions: I would like 4 expressions, that's only half of the maximum! :LZScheeze: . . . Does that mean I can have the extra sprite? :guffaw:
    1. The classic evil smirk. You can modify or replace the first row, second column face. I don't know what to say other than: angry eyebrows, cocky smirk, it oozes confidence and makes you want to slap them in the face.

2. A wink with the most idiotic smile in existence. This one goes in the first row, third column, right next to the cool guy evil smirk. Basically he's winking with his right eye, and he has this wide goofy grin. Although similar to the smirk, the grin is mostly on one side of his face. I already had a face in that spot because I wanted the grin to be somewhat of a cross between both generator grins. The side of his mouth closer to the center of his face tapers to a close while the other side is wide open more similar to the cheery grin. Also, his mouth would be open, instead of having closed teeth, just to make sure it comes across as goofy and joking, and not to be confused with evil smiles. I know what you're thinking, this is weirdly specific... and you're right. But please make it like this, the other parts of his face may be changed, but his mouth must be ridiculous. Basically this face is for scenarios like this: "I think we should walk into Mordor." "Are you serious right now?" And then he spins around, gives them a thumbs up, and makes this face. It lets you know he's joking, and intentionally looks as ridiculous as possible.

3. So remember that pondering sprite from earlier? This is the face. Basically just take the face in the second row, second column and add the hand to his face. Optionally make his eyes look down instead of up, but as long as it has the classic hand on face pondering pose, it will be good.

4. One last classic, the skeptical eyebrow raise. This goes in the empty spot in the faceset, because it requires so much reworking that I figured it would probably have to be made from scratch anyway (but if it doesn't you can always copy one of the others and work from there). Basically, the eyebrows are obviously super important in this face, however, in case you haven't noticed, normally, you can't see his eyebrows! We have a problem! (I actually made an entire faceset without the hat but I liked the hat too much). Luckily, another natural motion he would make anyway just so happens to solve this problem. What is that, I hear you asking? Well quite simple, my dear madam. His head is turned to the left, and slightly up, (his eyes would still be looking in the same direction) more directly facing out of the frame (like the VX Ace faces) and lifting the brim of his hat high enough to see the necessary 'brows! Haha! Genius! Unfortunately, that would require a lot of redrawing. The only specific is it would be the eyebrow further away from where he's looking (his left eyebrow).

P.S. I know this is a lot, and some of it weirdly specific, but I just really wanted to add some personality to my character, especially if I ever come up with a lesson for him to teach. Sorry and thank you.

‡Expression References: Well, it's not so much anime as random pictures from Google, but here's some references.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Don't be afraid to make it completely goofy and stupid. Like this:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ‡Personality: He usually hangs out by himself but is eccentric if you get into a conversation with him. He loves pretending to be evil, stupid, or both.

I understand this is a busy time of year so it might not be done for a while, (It's not needed for a while anyway) but thank you for taking my request into consideration and thank you very much for tolerating this wall of text.

16. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A preview of SuperMasterSwords request! :kaojoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

starlight dream likes this.
  17. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey there! You still doing this? If so...

Type of Resource: Both
    Appearance: He should be wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, brown short hair, round glasses, he should also have braces. The jeans should be a dark blue, the t-shirt should be black with a large picture of pi on it. You know, 3.1415926535...if you don't know what that means, here it is: π. That part about pi is optional, but would be much appreciated. He should be around 18-20 years old.
    ‡Reference Images: I can't find a reference image. I'll be sending his face from the generator, and I gave detail above, but if you really need it tell me and I will try again.
    ‡Other Parts: N/A
    ‡Behaviours: First one should be walking, second one should be him using a calculator, third one should be him pausing and thinking.
    *Faceset Style: Special
    *If Special Style: Click this link. He should look somewhat younger, but this is the best the poor generator could handle :)
    Expressions: Normal, Happy, Very Happy, Angry, Sad, Very Sad/Crying, Blushing/Embarrassed, Shocked
    ‡Expression References: For the angry: link For the Shocked: link
    ‡Personality: He should be very smart, talk about science/math/so on...a lot.

18. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another request down!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In order to keep this workshop open, we must resurrect the MV School!
    Please give it your support.:kaoluv:

starlight dream likes this.
  19. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    And that's mine :D

starlight dream and Rhino like this.
  20. starlight dream