[Closed] The hamster workshop (MV plugins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
(Imagine fancy header image)

Introduction
I'll be doing MV (JavaScript) plugins for you.

Slots
- (open)

Rules
- Please refer to "What i won't do" below, before applying in this thread.
- Please use the template below for your requests.
- If you request a plugin using images, audio or videos, please provide the resources needed.
- Writing in this thread does NOT guarantee your request to be filled. Requests posted while all slots are filled might get ignored.
- Depending on the request, i might officially release it, after it's finished.
- I currently have 1 slot(s) for requests.

What i won't do
- Anything battle related (so far i have totally neglected MV's battle system).
- Designing menus, HUDs or other graphical interfaces.
- Rewriting other plugins because you don't want to conform to their terms of use.
- Writing compatibility patches, when there is none of my plugins involved.
- Support for plugins of other scripters. Please ask them to do this.
- Exclusive requests, everything is free to use for everyone.

Samples
For a list of my released MV plugins, please refer to my signature (will repost links here, if this isn't enough).

Template

Type: (Menu/HUD/Game mechanic/...)
Description: Try to be as descriptive as possible. The clearer your request, the more i can conform to your expectations and i will have to ask less questions. Descriptions a la "like in game xyz" are not helpful, since i might not have played that game.
Compatibilities: Which plugins should be compatible to the requested one. Please consider, that i don't have the time to browse through every plugin in existance and i might ignore those, that need a lot of work to set up. Also include links, so i don't have to look them up, myself.

Please add additional resources (graphics, audio, video) as attachments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vance Raehart

Story writer/Aspiring Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
message sent

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Please post your requests in this thread using the provided template. Regarding your PM: I won't convert scripts from older RM versions (since i probably forgot most about Ruby and it might also count as "rewriting a plugin from another scripter"), but you can request a new plugin.

Vance Raehart

Story writer/Aspiring Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bounty System then.

a guards will notice you if you have a bounty by commiting a crime.

Murder, theft, Illegal items, trespassing. etc.

some towns will have no guards so its a criminal town where you can have a safe haven

i also have a guild system that will be converted soon by my friend. it will be compatible with that.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
My suggestion would be some kind of graphic collision script. So basically when someone uses an event graphic which is larger than 1 tile, and he touches the graphic, the plugin should make use of the alpha layer of the file, then an action could be triggered. 

burntable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Type: (Gauge/ActorStatus)
Description: I'd like to implement an additonal gauge to the Actor Status. Basically a gauge on line 4, below HP/MP/TP. This bar should show the current value/max value of gamevariable x/y.
Compatibilities: none

ActorStatus.png

Thank you for sharing your scripts and time with us.

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is nice of you. I have one request that may need a bit more elaboration / explanation. Here goes though.

Mercenary / Character Creator

Type: Create Party Member in open slot
Description: The concept around this plugin would be attributed to either perma-death or simply the fun of hiring a party member.

The script would identify how many 'players' already exist, and if there are any open slots left (Example. Default new game has 4 party members made with a maximum of 4. So there would no open slots left).

If there is an open slot, you can then request to hire an NPC, possibly name it, and have it join your party.

Expanding on the script would be the ability to control starting stats, choosing a class, maybe even the level. I do not know how complex this part may become so I would need advice on how to handle it.

Finally, the script would also allow for the ability to 'erase' a stored actor in one of the slots. Thus freeing it up.

Compatibilities: Yanfly's plugins would be the ones I intend to use. 

http://yanfly.moe/

I hope this is enough information to get started. If it interests you I'll be happy to go into much greater detail or discuss the issue back and forth to refine it as needed.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Vance Raehart:

How exactly would this work? Does Bounty increase via script/plugin command or automatically (if so, how?). How will guards "notice" you (radius around the event, line of sight)? Will they immediately do something or attempt to catch the player first? What will they do?

@Shiroi Akuma:

So, is this only for "Player Touch" triggers or would it also act as collision for "can i move to this place?" checks? estriole already made a plugin, that could be exactly what you are looking for: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48891-est-event-size-and-trigger/

@burntable:

This is not the default battle GUI, could you link the plugin? The bar should only be visible in battle or also in the menu?

@Zortik:

Would this create characters on the fly (could be tricky, because of the stat curves) or use precreated ones from the database? Hiring would work via a menu, i guess?

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would create characters on the fly.

As for the stats, that would be handled by the class. Some functionality could be put into the stat to slightly randomize +/- the starting stats. However, that can be handled through some simple eventing as well.

For instance, let's say we add on a 5th class to a default new game called "Mercenary". We manually manage that class for stat curves, equipment usage, etc.

Where the script would come in:

In game, we decide to hire Krug the Magnificent. There is no record of this actor yet in the database, but there is an 'empty slot' perhaps identified by a note tag that says available? Or it just recognizes there is no information entered into the name or nickname fields.

It creates an actor in the first available 'empty slot', assigns the class to the one called Mercenary (#0005). Most of everything from this point can be handled through eventing, though I wonder if it's possible to add in 'notetag comments' to that newly created actor. For increased functionality.

If there are no available 'empty slots' it will not create any new actors. Would need a way to relay this to the player as well.

This script would also recognize one more thing. This would need to be a script call function. The ability to remove an actor from the database completely, restore any defaults/etc. and create an 'empty slot' again. If you fired a mercenary or for whatever reason really.

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
In RPG Maker Vx Ace, there were two types of scripts that allowed for Sets, giving bonuses to actors that have multiple equipment equipped of the same "set". Here are the two scripts:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/13031-d13x-equipment-sets/

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/1092-ees-emeralds-equipment-sets/

I would love a plugin that did similar things. I would like the plugin to allow the player to define Sets of equipment (both Weapons and Armors together) probably in a parameter, and having different amounts of equipment in the same set equipped at once give different bonuses.

For Example:

The "Death" equipment set consists of 5 equipment: Death Sword, Death Helmet, Death Cloak, Death Shield, and Death Ring.

While the actor has 3 of these equipment equipped at once, he gains +5 ATK and +5% Critical Hit Rate.

While the actor has 4 of these equipment equipped at once, he gains +7 ATK, +3DEF, and +7% Crit Hit Rate.

While the actor has all of these equipment equipped at once, he gains +10ATK, +6DEF, and 10%Crit Hit Rate.

(It would be nice if these did not stack, like having 4 equipment would not add both the 3 equipment boosts and the 4 equipment boosts)

If there is any need of clarification, I will do my best!

burntable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@burntable:

This is not the default battle GUI, could you link the plugin? The bar should only be visible in battle or also in the menu?
I used several plugins, but I only used them for testing purposes. The gauge doesn't need to be compatible with any plugins.

Yes, the bar should also be visible on the menu. In VX Ace there was something like an "Actor.Status" and I was able to create an additional gauge by copying the ruby code for the TP gauge and modify it.

But I couldn't figure out how to do so in MV. Any help would be appreciated.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Estiroles Plugin is coordinate based, not sprite based, it doesn't make use of the graphics alpha layer. So it doesn't need to act as collision, only if player touched the graphic. Or vice versa.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'll add a second slot and fill them with burntable's and Oguz's requests for now. I will probably work on both in parallel, so their order in the OP doesn't matter.

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
I'll add a second slot and fill them with burntable's and Oguz's requests for now. I will probably work on both in parallel, so their order in the OP doesn't matter.
Good luck for you!

q8fft3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
arabic
Primarily Uses

DavidFoxfire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have two mechanics that are related to each other.  I'm making an RPG that has some Ace Attourney in it, and there are some mechanics that emulate that series.  I can design the mechanics on paper good enough, but it's the coding of the plug-in that's still beyond my reach (I'm still getting my chops in Object Oriented Computing).

In the game, I have the player investigate crimes and looking for clues, which will become Key Items.  I'll be using the Yanfly engine, so you can assume the use of that as far as compatibility goes.

Type: Game Mechanic
Description: Think of Miles Edgeworth's Logic mechnic in Ace Attourney Investigations.  There are a bunch of loose thoughts that needs to be connected.  They're based on key items and can be represented by cards or similar graphics.  The player will point at two different 'cards' and see if they form a connection.  The connection will result in an event of some kind, either a common event or an event on the particular map.  Because there are multiple cases out there, sometimes two or three at a single time, so an indicator will be needed ($gameVariables) to designate which case the player is working on.

Type: Conversation Mechanic

Description:  The classic Court Battle conversation:  This is where a witness lists his or her entire testimony at the start, and after that scene, the cross-examination begins.  The player can page back and forth throughout the previous statement, apply Presses whenever it's possible, which will sometimes add more lines to the testimony or even add new clues, or select a Key Item that will contradict the statement and deliver an "Objection!"

I know that, by the time I'm typing this, you have your slots full.  But maybe someone else can try their hand in them, and I'll be willing to help out as well, especially with the design part of the plug-in.  I'd like to use this opprotunity to continue learning how to script.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Type: Game Mechanics / Items

Description: Basically just break the item threshold of x99 to like x9999. I thought someone would have made it by now but after checking here, rpgmakervxace, and the master list, I didn't find one.

Compatibilities: Yanfly item core would be nice. But I don't think increasing the limit will have any conflicts.

If you know of a plugin that already does this please point the way. I may just be blind.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Silenity: I thought YEP_Itemcore already did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zflooder