[CLOSEDt] Miss Nile's Editor Mapping Workshop

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by Miss Nile, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
     ​
    UPDATE:  The workshop is now closed! Please look out for my shop in the classifieds very soon. :)

​
     ​
    Hello everyone. :)
     ​
    Introduction:

​
    First off, please let me introduce myself. I am Miss Nile, and some of you might have already seen me posting around recently. ^^ Although I only showed up in the forums quite recently, I am pretty old with the RPG Maker. While I've been trying to learn as much as I can in all fields, there's only one thing I can proudly say I am good at, and that's mapping.

I think some of you might have seen my posts in the Screenshot Thread, and I also ended up second at the Writer Mapping Contest. But of course, rest assured that examples will be provided. :)

I will map for free here but that's only for a limited time. I'm hoping to gain the experience necessary to start a commission shop later.

Examples:

Interior Maps:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Exterior Maps:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Request Template:

Map Type: As in, what is the theme of the map? Is it a forest? A desert, perhaps? Interior or exterior? If it's a forest, what kind of a forest? Ice forest, swamp, green woods, etc?

Tileset: As I will do editor mapping only, please specify the tileset if you wish for me to use RTP only or provide it if it's not. I DO NOT OWN ANY RESOURCE PACKS. As the rules specify that I must own them to work with them (I believe, please correct me if I am wrong,) I can't map for you using these.

Map Size: (Width x Height)

Details: Please specify any details you want about the map here. Be as descriptive as possible for me to give you the best and most accurate results.

Deadlines:

I'm a quick mapper, but this will vary according to the map size. Small maps will probably be delivered in the same day, larger maps can take a day, and very large maps will take a couple of days. Rest assured that I will let you know in the beginning how much time it could take. If you need the map urgently, please let me know.

Rules:

• I will take one map at a time per person for now. I'm new to this so I don't want to overwhelm myself. ^^;
    • Please post requests in this topic.
    • I work mainly in VXAce, but I am willing to take RPG XP requests as well.
    • Please provide me with ready tilesets so I can get my work done right away.

Credits and Terms of Use:

You may use the maps I make you for in non-commercial games with proper credit. For commercial games, I will consider it a commission and prices will be discussed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Yuuta Kirishima

Yuuta Kirishima Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Absolutely amazing work you have here I will be your first requester :)

Map type: Town

Tileset: I will pm you the tileset files.

Map Size: 41x31

Details: This is not the starter town so I would like a few things going on, I would like a few shops (2 or 3) and lots of decoration "flowers, trees bushes" the town should have a floral theme. Paths to each of the buildings (if you can), I would like a pond and a few statues. Thank you in advance! Sending you a PM now with the files.

3. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finished my first request for Yuuta Kirishima:

[​IMG]
    Looking forward for more requests, everyone. :)

ShinGamix and Tornado Samurai like this.
  4. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hope this isn't a double post, but I am only showing off my newest map, steam-punk styled:

[​IMG]
    Credits to Lunarea, Candacis and Celianna.

Looking forward to more requests from the community. :)

5. ExpAmethyst

ExpAmethyst Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow, your maps are absolutely beautiful! 

If you're still taking requests:

Map Type: Desert Town

Tileset: RTP only

Map Size: 40 x 30

Details:  I'm looking for a town that acts a center of trade, so it has several shops/stalls, houses + an inn, with several cliffs (not sure what the correct term is, but it's the areas of raised elevation like in your waterfall example pics). Lastly (if you can), a mini oasis/pond. Thanks in advance, and sorry if anything is confusing!  :)

6. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure, I'll take your request. ^^ Give me a couple of days or something, as the size is a bit big and all. ^^

7. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Second request done ^^

[​IMG]

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  8. Dream3r

Dream3r 90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I like that someone is doing one of these Workshop's for mapping.  It's a very important skill to have.

I'd ask for a map but scale and way I work is not ideal for your expertise nor would it be fair to take advantage of someone working for free since it would be a commercial project, but I do look forward to more work from you!

One thing I have noticed is doors seem to be missing from your maps.  Why is that?

9. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you very much for your comment, Dream3r. ^^ Perhaps in the future I can do some work for you if I can. :)

And haha, doors are there of course. ^^ It's just that the script I use for taking screenshots of large maps removes events and all. XD

10. Dream3r

Dream3r 90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh haha, it's been awhile since I've used that script I forgot it did that.

That would be nice though if we did work together.  Perhaps we will one day ;)

11. Tralse

Tralse Map Builder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You are super awesome at this! Especially at big map creation!

I wish I had the patience for that! 

Map Type: Forest

Tileset: Celianna

Map Size: 40 x 40--60 x 60 (Or what you think would be nice, there is no limit to size since it is a maze)

Details:  I've already created a 40 x 40 map, but with an assortment of tilesets they are hard to manage if I want to make any adjustments to the map. I would like a pathway, with many trailoffs, perhaps with two cabins(you don't have to make the insides, I can do that :p ) but the end is the exit to another map. So a huge maze, if-you-will. Please please please! I would be so thankful!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  12. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Third request done for Tralse. Hope you like it. :)

[​IMG]

GrandmaDeb, Tralse, Mimironi and 2 others like this.
  13. vampirewarrior661

vampirewarrior661 I have about 5-6 years of working in RPG Maker Member

First Language:
    ENGRISH
    hey here is a rough draft I am working on and would like some input since I am trying to make it into a futuristic, steampunk type city. I did not fill it up with NPCs or events yet.

Map width 44 Map height 46

I would like it if you made your own version of this If you would could you make the exterior of the castle too same width and height.

Thank You!!!  :)

roughdraft1.png

roughdraft2.png

14. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am sorry but could you please follow the template posted in my first post? Please be as detailed as possible and more importantly, you'll have to provide the tileset I would work with and all. ^^

15. Tralse

Tralse Map Builder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks thanks thanks Nile! ;)

16. Valkyriet

Valkyriet Pocket Panda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Commendable work on all those maps! I'm adding you to my list of inspirational figures :D Hopefully, in time, I can become as good as you are -^^-

17. Graficscat

Graficscat Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Map Type: Farm

Tileset: RTP

Map Size: 40x30

Details: Please create a medium sized barnhouse that looks kind of run down in the middle of the map. Also may you please add a weapons training area to the side of the barnhouse. Training dummies and such!

Thank you so much for this!

18. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hope you are still taking requests. Seeing as you are wrapping up, allow me to be the one to present the most difficult map so far. :p

Map Type: Underground Ruins

Tileset: Whatever you want as long as it's fantasy themed. (RTP, Celianna, Candacis, parallaxes, etc. No limitations. Whatever you think will make the best map.)

Map Size: 40x40 ~ 60x60

Details: The explorers reach the bottom of the endless staircase to find...a city underground! This area appears to be a city square before it fell. The square surrounds a fallen fountain, with various market stalls, a guard barracks, a tavern, and a mysterious temple dedicated to some not so benevolent deity... all of them in ruins. To the southwest is an overgrown garden with horrifying, multi-colored plants and a pool of stagnant water. A haphazard collection of residential buildings fill the gaps. The place is generally a wreck, with trash and weapons and human bones spread here and there, as if some massive battle had occurred here.  To the east is a small cleared area with unfinished magical markings and a circle of bones. One can't help but wonder if it were a group of mages who tried some last ditch ritual to end the battle...OR was it them who began the whole nightmare in the first place? Maybe no one will ever know. The entire ruins is surrounded by solid rock except for the staircase in.

19. Miss Nile

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Valkyriet: Thank you for the wonderful comment! I truly appreciate it and it's my honor. :)

@Graficscat: Sure! Give me a day or something and I'll have it done. :)

@watermark: Wow, that's quite inspirational and a challenge. :) I'd love to work on something like this but would you please try to define the tileset I use? Finding tilesets and combining them is a lot of work and all and it's not exactly what I'm doing here. ^^; If you can decide which tileset I work with, I'd love to do this. Thanks. :)

20. GhostWaffle

GhostWaffle The ectoplasmic Waffle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your'e maps are awesome.I could never make something like :(

If you're still taking request please can you make something like this:

Map Type:Snowy fortress or city

Tileset:Rtp only 

Map Size:40x30 or 50x40

Details:If you can please can you make it something like this: It has to be stronghold for a sizable population and should have something like a underground evacuation tunnels.The tunnels should have most of the basic necessities like living quarters and such.The main town should be like fortified with walls and such and the amount of houses is up to you.There should be a armor,weapon and item store and a pub,inn and a guild headquarters.The decorations will be up to you and if you can make something like a dock on the side so that I can emphasize how the town is so rich.

Maybe im asking too much please do tell me if i am and ill be happy if you can make this...that is if you're still taking request though ill be more then happy to pay you for them. Thank you  :D