WyattTheSkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perhaps I'm getting a little ambitious here but I would like to have a clothing system in my game.
The thought process I have going so far is making the graphic for the main character completely naked and doing all the different clothes and accessories in their own spritesheets and somehow making them overlay on the character and follow the players position, animations, etc, While also being seamless and completely in sync because I don't know about you but I've never been in line at dunkin donuts and watched some dudes pants float behind him lmao. Anyways I digress, I have the idea of how it would work explained above, my question is how would I be able to implement that in the editor? I do not have any experience in JavaScript. My limits are Visual Basic, Visual C# and I have beginner knowledge of c++ but found myself getting frustrated with it very quickly. Not that flexing my programming skills particularly pertains to this topic but the point is I do not know JavaScript and I have no intentions of learning it any time soon so making my own plugin is out of the question. Sorry for the ramble there's a lot of unnecessary information in there. But yeah clothes? Any input is appreciated thank you for taking time to read my thread. My discord tag is Wyatt#5998 if anyone would like to contact me off forums. Thank you again everybody! I appreciate all of you very much :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

The only way to do this without a plugin is to create the character sprite with all of the outfit combinations and use the change actor image command. Which, if you have more than a couple of outfit combinations is going to become incredibly complicated.

WyattTheSkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]
The only way to do this without a plugin is to create the character sprite with all of the outfit combinations and use the change actor image command. Which, if you have more than a couple of outfit combinations is going to become incredibly complicated.
oh boy, so I would have to use variables for pants and shirts and make it check for every single option every time the player changes his/her clothes? that sounds incredibly tedious but it's definitely doable. Thanks for your input and about it being in the wrong forum, I wasn't necessarily requesting a plugin more so opening up a discussion about how a mechanic like this would be tackled however I can see why this forum would be a more fitting place for a topic like this. Either way, thank you for your response. Any input is appreciated! Please do let me know if you have any other ideas to make implementing such a concept more efficient.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can move it back if you like as I suppose it is doable without a plugin. It's just most people would not consider undertaking the task with more than a few outfits without a plugin.

WyattTheSkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can move it back if you like as I suppose it is doable without a plugin. It's just most people would not consider undertaking the task with more than a few outfits without a plugin.
As for which forum my thread stays in, I'll leave that one up to your instinct. Put it wherever you think it would gain constructive feedback and exposure in general. But as far as the original topic goes, do you know of any plugins that might give me something to work with in achieving something like this? Or a plugin that has already been created with this specific purpose?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if there is one existing for MZ or not, but someone else may know. Here's a quick example of why I think you'd be best off with a plugin. If I were to try to event it, I'd set up my variables like this:

1618087013792.png

And then I'd set up Conditional Branches like this. This example shows the outcomes for having 1 outfit choice, 3 accessory choices and 3 shoe choices. I did not put the change actor image command for all the shoe statements, but you can see that for just those few simple choices, you'd need 9 different sprite images. If I were to finish this out with 3 outfit choices as well, I would need 27 different images. If you added another category, or more options per category, the number of sprite images you would need would go up exponentially. Again, not impossible, but not the most efficient method.

1618087339104.png

1618087357824.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is one , but limited for free, but really nice one if you want
dynamic actors (like MV), but this one is complex, once you
understand it, you can do much more with it, so worth a shot
so see if this is something you want (max layers is 3 for free),
unlimited i paid. AnimaX

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnitedStars111