Sinthea

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way for the player to put one piece of clothing on at a time like if I wanted the player to have a shirt on then put on pants then there shoes one at a time

I tryed using common events for each item and made a character sprite for each piece of clothing but it’ll only let me put the shirt on and not the rest of the clothes

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're actually asking about a couple of different things, and it's not clear from your post what you might have done.

The first step is establishing the equipment slots. You do this in your database, Types tab, where it says Equipment Types - you'll make that have a slot for your shirt, pants, left shoe, right shoe, thong, whatever you want the character to wear individually.

Then, you define the equipment in the Armors tab of your database, and voila - everything equips separately.

The trickier part is changing the character sprites. A quick search turns up Rexal's visual equipment, Olivia's equipment set bonuses, and MBS visual equipment. Those will provide the functionality that you want, however:

I don't know how (or whether) any of those interact when you're talking about multiple pieces of equipment - if the character puts on a shirt but no pants, then adds pants still no shoes, etc. I suspect (without reading any of their documentation) that that's more advanced than those plugins will do. Perhaps the equipment set one, judging by the name.

The last tricky part of it is the logic. You're talking about a butt-ton of possible combinations you'll have to make artwork for. Naked with a left shoe. Naked with a right shoe. A shirt and one shoe. Etc. The only way around that would be to add restrictions when you're equipping the items so that a player has to put the equipment on in the order you choose - so no shoes until the pants, no pants until a thong, whatever. There might be something free that does the same thing if you search, but I'm familiar with Yanfly's Equip Requirements (which also requires his Equip Core). It'll require his Lunatic Mode using actual Javascript, but that can do it.

wintyrbarnes

Jack of a Few Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does SRD's Dynamic Actors plugin cover what you need? It was the first thing that came to mind, though it might not gel with what you've already been trying.

Also, to deal with the layering issues brought up above, you could always use something (I'm not great on the actual JS mechanics, but I'm going to guess that this is possible) to assign each type of clothing a layer/priority, so that shirts always go over pants, pants always go over shoes, etc., or whatever way you'd prefer to layer things.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky