cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

Cloud Manager V0.9.4

Introduction
The Cloud Manager is a simple cloud (server) based load and save system for RPG Maker MV. With the Cloud Manager you can store your savegames on and load it from your server. It doesn't matter where you play the game. You can start it on your Windows desktop, quit it and later continue it on a browser anywhere - without copy savegames manually.

You can find full description and installation guide on the plugin code.

Scripts

The Cloud Manager comes with 4 files:

• db_create.php: a simple script to initialize the database
  • db_test.php: a small test script to read all database tables
  • cloudmanager.php: the server script
  • CloudManager.js: the RPG Maker plugin

User Management

Started with V0.9.3 the plugin has a new option for user separated savegames. If activated, the Cloud Manager will handle all savegames based on username and password the user must enter on New Game or Continue.:

Set perUserGame to 1.

The loginActorId is used just for the face image on the login/password screen as you can see on the next screenshot.

If a player wants to start a New Game or Continue a game, he will asked for an username and a passwort. This both combined are the key for the savegame.

This means user "Purzel" with password "aaa" has its own savegame, user "Purzel" with password "bbb" has another savegame and user "Mausi" with password "aaa" has another too.

Author's Notes
This is my first plugin for RPG Maker MV. I have practically no knowledge about the Maker and plugin writing. So feel free to give me your suggestion to improve the script.
At the moment the Cloud Manager is just a simple could savegame system with at most beta state session and user handling.

Terms of use
The Cloud Manager is distributed as is under the creative commons license CC BY 3.0 (Attribution 3.0 Unported) for free.
You are free to share, copy, redistribute or edit it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Change Log

V0.9.0 - First release

V0.9.1 - Bugfixes

V0.9.2 - Script Commands added

V0.9.3 - User based savegames

V0.9.4 - Small bugfix for php script

Download latest version...

Last edited by a moderator:

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice plugin.. 

So we can play everywhere, but someone can overwrite the others save file, isn't? 

Sorry for my bad English.. 

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like the comment above one, it's is possible to create a account based save data system or use a third-party account based save data system? This would be catastrophic if someone accidentally replace the files.

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, you are right. At the moment, everyone how plays the game can load and save it (and start it new, if it was allowed in the plugin properties).

I'm working on some improvements right now. Highest priority has user authentication (user login, optional register, rights management).

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yey.. 

Waiting for the next update :)

Fuchsilein

Devil Fox
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm so happy someone finally did a take on my request! :> 

ldd

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think firebase integration to solve this save system issue thing would be ideal. Is anybody interested in something like that? (firebase already integrates email, github, facebook login, etc and you can have a proper secure login that way) I can try implementing something like that, but I wonder if anybody is actually interested. 

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Version 0.9.2 of CloudManager.js Plugin is out there (download on the first post).

As requested I have add some script command you can use on your own scripts or events inside the game.

• cloudManager.saveGame()
    Checks if the game is in active mode and if so it will saves the game on the database.   
  • cloudManager.loadGame()
    This will load the latest savegame immediately.
  • cloudManager.checkGame()
    checkGame returns the savegame version check value (-1: no savegame found, 0: client to old, 1: ready to go).
    You sould use this in conjunction with loadGame().
  •  cloudManager.gameMode()
     This return you actual game mode (3: active mode, you can make a savegame).

I think firebase integration to solve this save system issue thing would be ideal
I have seen this firebase some times ago. Maybe it would possible to add this on the script but I'm not sure if it uses it's own database too.

thefaheyfury

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is awesome! Definitely looking forward to authentication and a separate save file per user.  

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I will add the user login/passwort functions from my CBAM plugin for user management. If enabled, the Cloud Manager can handle savegames user based. Then every user has it's own savegame on the server.

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Version 0.9.3 with User Management is out there.

Now it's possible, every user can hold it's very own savegame on the server.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I was wondering, there's any way to implement a system that allows the developers to modify the save files? I find this interesting because the developers can solve in-game issues by recreating the savegame and even fixing an eventual bug. Also it opens the door to giving "DLCs" (manually...). What do you think?

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Modifying the savegame could be easily done, because it's just a simple JSON array. But I don't know how do you would slove in-games issues with this?

Nekoyoubi

Plugin & Utility Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think firebase integration to solve this save system issue thing would be ideal. Is anybody interested in something like that? (firebase already integrates email, github, facebook login, etc and you can have a proper secure login that way) I can try implementing something like that, but I wonder if anybody is actually interested. 

I've been working on a Firebase plugin for MV, but it has a lower priority than a few other plugins for me. I just wanted to mention that so if you guys aren't in dire need, there shouldn't be cause to cook one up on your own if you don't mind waiting.

afonsobr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT_BR
I really dont understand a thing here. What's wrong?

Sem título.png

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Loving that camelCase there. I'll try this out later. Adding to my list of "Will try" plugins.

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I really dont understand a thing here. What's wrong?
Hm, the error says the scipt can't find the table "savegames" on your database. Have you created rmmv.sqlite with db_create.php script?

Purzelkater

cat as cat can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hm... I have tested the plugin with a fresh new game right know without any issues. I have created a new database with db_create.php and was able to login and save/load a game.

Can you show me your plugin settings, please? And you could try to use IP address instead of localhost (IP for localhost is 127.0.0.1).

If you start a new game without a saved game, this should be shown on console log (loglevel 3): Console log

afonsobr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT_BR
Hm... I have tested the plugin with a fresh new game right know without any issues. I have created a new database with db_create.php and was able to login and save/load a game.

Can you show me your plugin settings, please? And you could try to use IP address instead of localhost (IP for localhost is 127.0.0.1).

If you start a new game without a saved game, this should be shown on console log (loglevel 3): Console log
Actually i was using only the noshadows.

I'll try without the no auto shadow and try with a new project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy