CloudFlare Leak--Might Wanna Change Your Passwords, Peeps!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heads up, people!

I got word from an internet friend that CloudFlare has had a data leak recently. Paypal, Amazon, and a long list of other sites have been affected.

Not sure if the RPG Maker Web forums is affected, but we better not take chances--everyone, update your passwords on here, Paypal, Amazon, and any other sites you may be on.

(Myself, I normally update passwords near the beginning of each new month, but this news is making me update them even sooner!)

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah. Over FOUR MILLION websites have been affected. The part that angers me is before long, this will all be forgotten, nothing will be learned in internet security land, and we get to do things like this all over again at some other source - just perhaps not CloudFlare, this time.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heads up, people!

I got word from an internet friend that CloudFlare has had a data leak recently. Paypal, Amazon, and a long list of other sites have been affected.

Not sure if the RPG Maker Web forums is affected, but we better not take chances--everyone, update your passwords on here, Paypal, Amazon, and any other sites you may be on.

(Myself, I normally update passwords near the beginning of each new month, but this news is making me update them even sooner!)
Paypal and Amazon? Do you have a source for that, besides your friend? I don't see any way for both of those sites to use Cloudflare. Maybe they used them for non-crucial sections. The only major sites that I know that have been affected are Reddit, Discord, 4Chan, 127.0.0.1/banned.url and loads of dating/pron and pirate sites.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't see Paypal or Amazon on any of the lists, and they are big enough sites I would think they'd be given high priority. That being said, I don't have time to pour through a list of 4 million websites, so I plan on changing passwords on all major sites I use - any financial based sites in particular. And while Discord is on the list, I'm less concerned about it. I mean, if someone wants to hack my stupid jokes with my friends, I'm not so worried about it. I'll probably change it anyway, but finances are my biggest concern.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hacker convicts have to display their home to parole officers and they are not allowed to have computers or internet.

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hacker convicts have to display their home to parole officers and they are not allowed to have computers or internet.
Wrong.

Well, let me clarify.

One. It depends on the charges (there are several types of crimes associated with hacking and the lowest is a Misdemeanor 1).

Two. It also depends on where in the US you live (here in Kansas the convicted will be monitored heavily at most).

Three. If a judge does ultimately decide to have the convicted surrender their equipment, it is not permanent. Usually, the convicted can get their equipment back at some point, depending on the circumstances there may be a cost related that is separate from any fines/restitution/etcetera.

I know this, because one of my co-workers is a convicted ex-hacker and she told me how one could easily be undetected by a simple registry edit (I won't go into detail because it is a bad idea if you like using your computer for everyday things).

Yeah...she got into a huge mess of trouble, all for a thirty-five second thrill. But, from one adrenaline junkie to another, I know how it feels (but my rush comes from madness crazy speedy drum solos).

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I watch too much mainstream news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lysenthe