Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep the link works fine for me also.

I updated the initial post with the link you provided, as no doubt many will find it helpful ^_^

Once again, thanks very much :)

BadMinotaur

You can do it!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How is everyone faring in this challenge so far?

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm afraid I haven't had the time to start yet; might not be able to... The IGMC is taking all my time, and I'm going to prioritize that one I'm afraid :) But I hope someone is on this, I'd like to see what people come up with.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have not yet started, but it shall be done - probably a simple little script though.

I know for sure of one script that has alot of potential though ^_^

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
=) I'm in...and so dying to show it off... but trying to get all the finishing touches done

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Only 12 days (or so) until the entries have to be in.

Better start coding if I want to actually win ^_^

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Excellent, we have our first submission.

I am pretty busy tonight but I will update the OP tomorrow and include your script. Judging from the feature list, you have written a masterpiece. I dont want to look at it though - at least until I have finished my own entry ^_^

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
must.not.look

If I actually do get time to create an entry for this, I don't want there to be any chance of being influenced by submissions already posted.

BadMinotaur

You can do it!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Shaz: good call! Maybe that'll be a good self-imposed restriction for the future -- just interpret the challenge your own way, then close your eyes (metaphorically) until you've got something done.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
must.not.look

If I actually do get time to create an entry for this, I don't want there to be any chance of being influenced by submissions already posted.
Thats the exact same as me. It looks great (judging from the feature list) but I just dont want it to subconsciously affect the way I write my script.

Shaz: good call! Maybe that'll be a good self-imposed restriction for the future -- just interpret the challenge your own way, then close your eyes (metaphorically) until you've got something done.
I would have added this onto the rules list, but really, some people would just ignore it and look anyway - if they wanted to. ;)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Myself If I wanted to look I can't my computer block the download xD!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
both links?

Strange, usually dropbox links are fine cause most antivirus companies know that dropbox is fairly safe.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
speak that about google chrome -w-'

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
chrome....

Use FireFox. Its leagues ahead of chrome. :)

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're still having problems, I can see if it's small enough to be zipped and uploaded to the forums itself.

And I debated with myself.. trying to wait till closer to the deadline to post.. but it was eatting me up. I feel a lot more relaxed now that it's posted lol

edit: just read the updated post. The BG image is in the demo, just wanted to credit where it came from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Chrome didn't stop you downloading it. It blocked it, gave you a warning, and (if you look closely enough) lets you override and say you want to download it anyway. Or maybe that's Win 8 I'm thinking of ... anyway, there should always be an option to override it.

2. Venka, we need your project to be able to open it in the editor and see the script. Compressing the project and sending the exe won't allow us to look at the script. And since this is a scripting contest, we will need to SEE the script itself for part of the judging. It's not just a matter of how it works when you play it.

Dekita, maybe that needs to be clarified in the rules - that it's the project itself that needs to be zipped and submitted, not the compressed project.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Poop. I forgot I had "reached your quota of positive votes for the day"...

I hadnt noticed that the file was compressed, thanks for pointing that out Shaz. Yes, that is definitely something that will be added into the rule list. Cant judge a script without having access to it. I would also recommend having a folder with the required images / script in a .txt file separately

Edit:

Fixed the ruels and guidelines topic to clarify this.

It now states the following;

"Submitted scripts MUST be publicly accessible. This means that the project itself needs to be zipped and submitted, not the compressed project. A separate folder containing only the script in a .txt file - along with any required images is also recommended."

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hadn't noticed until nio said the file was blocked :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 9th April 2021. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivoireiorana