??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I probably wouldnt have noticed until after all entries where in - as thats when I will download them all to look and judge :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hadn't noticed until nio said the file was blocked :)
 haha xD Everyone notice what nio say ~ 

well for the fact it block no it automaticly block and stop the downloading in 8 I can't overide it because it ''auto'' erase the download after I search for overide this but nup it not seem to have the option for this

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dammit, thats the fourth time I have tried to like something and been greeted with the message "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" :(

Not amused!!

oh, your antivirus is properly flagging it as spam then :/ thats not good.

did you try both links ?

Doesnt matter anyway, may as well wait until the project has been provided in an unencrypted form :D

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it's not an encrypted project, it's a demo to show the script and you can look in the script editor at the script. How should I post it, just a text file of the script and zip the resources it requires?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
zip the project folder

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
zip the project folder
I Aprove what Shaz said most of time My browser block the NON-zip stuff for some weird reason but when it was compressed in a zip it don't block the download~

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
removed links

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, sorry I had no clue the troubles it caused. here's some new links

dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvwsfs6pp1xnq47/Code-Off.zip

mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?btnfkkvbf4z6cc4

These are standard zip files of the project folder. For future reference, would rar files work or stick to zip files?

edit: fixed link
it work perfectly now 

Awesome I love it tough reading the script was a little messy to my own eyes but I love the fact of allow multiple changing~ me it a lot more static's and you need a lot of graphic's

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think rar files will be fine too. WinRAR is pretty commonly used these days and easy to get hold of.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think rar files will be fine too. WinRAR is pretty commonly used these days and easy to get hold of.
Yup Rar Also is good just unless if you have a 7 or a 8 Zip  you have to download rar for decompress Rar file Zip naturally is installed in all computer in default compressor so~

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the delay... Was far far too tired yesterday to get anything forum-y done :p

Anyway...

Thanks Venka - I updated the OP with your fixed script link. I think I'm gonna start writing my entry for this today - might leave it for tomorrow... Either way - this weekend I will write my version :)

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it ok to use core scripts along with this contest?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Depends on what you mean by 'core' scripts.

If you mean your own 'core' script that simply has functions/methods you regularly use - I dont see why that would be disallowed.

That being said - for the purpose of writing a script to essentially compete against another script, wouldnt it be best to just include the methods etc you need within the script you write?

Whats other peoples thoughts on using a core script?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would suggest no, especially if they are other people's core scripts. The challenge is to "write a script", not to "write an addon to a core script that people will also have to download and use".

I kind of assumed that you should be able to take a brand new RTP-only project and add the script and the resources, and it will run. So nothing non-RTP apart from what's absolutely needed for your script.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had kind of assumed that as well.

My plan was literally to open a new project, copy n the graphics and start writing code :)

That way people using it would only need to plug and play ^_^

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, it kinda feels tedious to implement my core methods in to the script if I want to release it for public use but yeah I understand.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Who else is working on entries for this contest? I MAY offer a little something to the winner, but we'd need to get a few more participants.

And darn! I looked at Venka's features list, and a lot of the stuff is what I was going to put in my script :( They wouldn't be identical though - just SOME similarities (but I suppose, that's bound to happen). Now I wonder if I dare look at the script itself, to try and deliberately take a different approach? Hmmm ... temptation ...

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I recall correctly, Archeia offered some kin of forum badge type thing for participants and the winner (in the initial thread that was made before this became an actual event) is that still something thats happening? And if you wanna add additional prizes, go ahead :p

Also, I sneaked a look at the feature list - a few where things I would have done myself, but now I seen the list, I dont see the point. That being said, other peoples scripts having similar features is going to happen in such a contest. As long as the code isnt identical lol

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it won't hurt my feelings if ya'll do the same thing :) I'm sure ya'll will have different approaches on it and for atleast some of it I'm sure ya'll could write cleaner code. I know my code is heavily commented, which is something I normally don't do, but I figured if this is also a learning thing.. then it could double to someone that's trying to learn and follow the code.

But I'm not happy with my scene code. Yes it works, but it's very ... array dependent and gets a little confusing to follow. So I can't wait till the judging part of this so I can learn some better ways or some tips that will help me. Since I'm still pretty new to coding, I'm not stuck in my ways yet so it shouldn't be too hard to break bad habits yet ;)

I'd also see how other people approach the rendering of the characters on the screen.. I just figured I'd try something and it worked out pretty good, but again, I'm not sure if it's the best way. So.. I just can't wait to see what everyone else does and how they do it. I will say I'm pretty happy with my script over all.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's it - we really shouldn't be able to look at someone's submission while we're working on our own. It makes it unfair if someone submits early, then others get ideas based on what they've done. I kind of wonder how many would have thought to use the character generator sprites if I hadn't said it in the original thread.

We're currently discussing getting people to hold off on their submissions until close to the cutoff date, or sending them to one of us via PM, so they remain unavailable until voting opens.

Watch this space.

In any case, it's bound to happen that several scripts will have similar features. There are only so many ways you can implement a wardrobe system without REALLY going outside of the box.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PUPMaker