Code-Off Challenge #1 [ finished ]

Discussion in 'Code-Off Challenge' started by ??????, Jun 1, 2014.

1. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Venka, that is almost exactly why I've hardly ever done contests before; but we can't not have confidence in ourselves; if we don't then why the hell have we been trying in the first place, you know? There's a balance to retain between confidence and humility, and I think the spirit of this contest thus far has captured that balance quite well. I agree with Shaz, this has (and continues to be) a great experience all around.

The Infamous Bon Bon and Venka like this.
  2. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Indeed. Hopefully next time round we have more participants as that will increase the amount of feedback each script writer gets ^_^

3. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was very pumped to participate back when we first thought of this, but then I got lazy ;D Next time perhaps. When does the voting topic go up for next month?

4. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yea, I couldnt really be bothered either after the IGMC, but as it was my idea I kinda felt I had to participate :p

Very happy that I did though. Learned quite a bit from the other scripts and the feedback has been very helpful as well :)

I think the current vote will be ending on Wednesday 23rd of this month. Then that gives us a whole week to vote on the new script and then we can begin at the first of the month. The time period kind of got messed up a little this time round due to everything else people had going on :p

Shaz likes this.
  5. sokita

sokita Crawling back to the surface Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Dekita's script is simple, but, I don't know if it can do more than or collaborated with venka's. . .

6. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think that both Venka's and Fenix's scripts can do more than mine can. Also - I wrote my script by myself, as did venka and fenix. No one collaborated with anyone :p
    Or do you mean you could use both script together ?

7. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I find Venka's entry the prettiest. The scene is nicely designed, tons of options also.

Too bad the save/load function is busted with it, to be more precise, the game can not be loaded if the game was shut down after the saving. But it is a beta release anyway, kinda, so it's okay, I am sure it can be fixed and it will be fixed.

Ohh, and don't open the inventory if you are in a vehicle! :D

Really nice job, I am looking forward to the later versions (if there will be any, of course)!

Dekita's version is simple and nice too, but lacks certain options and limited in some ways, these are already mentioned in the other posts here. It reminds me of "avatar sets" from some MMORPGs out there with the stat changes. I like that, nice job!

And your reasoning for actually giving them stats, it is just epic and I completely agree with it! :D

FenixFyreX's version got a lot of options too, me gusta! 

I find it a bit more complicated to use than Venka's entry, but after someone gets used to it, that is not an issue.

Extra points for the RGB slider, that makes limitless options for coloring. 

You made a pretty thing too, nice job!

I won't comment on the instructions of the scripts, because I understood all of them without any problems, usually I do.

If it is written on english and detailed enough, it works for me, and these entries all passed that criteria.

I haven't tested any of the scripts in actual battles yet. I wonder if the changes made actually show up in battle too, or only on the map? Gonna test it later. :D

All in all, all of you did good works and whichever script someone chooses to use, it will certainly add a big bonus to character customization for their projects.

?????? likes this.
  8. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    is annoying me to not be able to download any file for check wich script I will love becasue I proposed this idea..rugg...

I hate my dammit non-stable internet...

?????? likes this.
  9. sokita

sokita Crawling back to the surface Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    @Dekita: Yup, I mean if I can use both scripts together, maybe I can reach the higher result.

10. ??????

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So the voting for this has finally closed.

Here are the results..

Which script did you find easiest to use and understand?
        Venka's (5 votes [50.00%])
        FenixFyreX's (0 votes [0.00%])
        Dekita's (3 votes [30.00%])
        Not Able To Choose (2 votes [20.00%])

Which Script has the 'best' code? (script writers only please)
        Venka's (1 votes [10.00%])
        FenixFyreX's (1 votes [10.00%])
        Dekita's (2 votes [20.00%])
        Not Able To Choose / Not A Script Writer (6 votes [60.00%])

Overall, which script do you think is 'the best'?
        Venka's (6 votes [60.00%])
        FenixFyreX's (3 votes [30.00%])
        Dekita's (1 votes [10.00%])
    Congratulations to the winner :)

Let us hope that the next event has more participants and in turn, we all learn a little bit extra from it :D

Edit:

Just put up the vote for COC#2

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/27494-code-off-script-suggestions/

^_^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014