- May 11, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
This particular thread if to discuss potential scripts that could be written for future Code-Off Challenges.
It will also be used to cast votes for the scripts used during future events.
Furthermore, if you have any suggestions for how this event can expand, please share your thoughts.
There may also be occasional votes for ideas that can be incorporated into future events held within this topic.
These are the rules you must adhere to when making a script suggestion for this event.
- Dont say things like 'make a script like [x]' or ''make a script that does this-(while providing a link to a script/system/video)"
- When making a suggestion, please give an adequate description of what the script should do.
- Suggestions must be fairly simple concepts. This is to ensure that your suggestion is easy to understand. - I recommend you to keep your suggestion to one paragraph. Chances are, if you cannot explain your system within one paragraph, it will be too complex to consider for this event. Keep in mind - there are time restrictions applied to this event.
- Do not suggest scripts that are highly specific personal requests for your own project.
- Do not suggest 'Add-on' scripts. ie. 'An Addon for Yanfly Battle System' or whatever...
NOTE : If your suggestion breaks these rules it will not be considered for the event.
Script - Actor doesn't attack certain enemies during battle.
- Suggested By Archeia
Script - Skills have multiple elements. Element skills have various effects when used, such as; ice element has chance to cause 'freeze' state. - Suggested By Alexander Amnell
Script - Map Enemies / Troops are based on average party level.
- Suggested By cabfe
Script - A "simple" battle system where by...
-you control a character sprite (like the ones walking around the map)
-you can move up/down/left/right (with the ability to restrict movement to left/right, or up/down).
-press OK to attack. Could be a simple icon showing up and the target flashing to indicate that it got hit
This should be a stand-alone scene, so that you're not overwriting the existing battle system and consequently forcing any project that chooses to use it, to have to choose between this one or another battle system
Ideally, it should be compatible with most scripts available, including battle systems. At the very least, you should be able to say "Use default battle system" and "Use other battle system" in your project to demonstrate that you can use both battle systems.
- Suggested By Tsukihime.
Script - Multiple Currently Types (extra info)
Allows you to set up exchange rates between different currencies, specify what the currency is in each area, and have shops use the correct currency. Of course you also need a way to track how much of each denomination you're carrying, and a way to exchange funds from one currency to another.
- Suggested By Shaz.
Script - Menu System --
- Highly customizable; needs at least 10 customizable options, at least 3 can be changed in game.
- Cannot resemble the default menu (this is a challenge, remember!)
- Must allow command order to be changed and new commands to be added / default commands to be removed.
- Suggested By FenixFyreX
Script - Generator --
- Needs to be able to generate new maps, with x number of rooms.
- Needs to be able to create maze maps, simple room-hallway maps, and also open-obstacle maps.
- Traps can be auto generated or defined by the user somehow, some way.
- Need to be able to describe 'structures' that can be randomly generated on types of maps, like houses, shops, castle dungeons, etc.
- Suggested By FenixFyreX
Script - What about a journal/diary script (not a quest journal),
- The player can call it up via the menu, read what's there, or maybe even add their own notes as they play.
- Could be as simple or as complicated as the scripter likes.
- Suggested By Shaz
Script - Party 'MP'
- A single AP/MP/whatever bar for all party members/enemy parties.
- Should be visible from menu and battle
- Should 'unlock' features when filled, such as, party skills, party buffs etc..
- Suggested By Archeia (elaborated on by Dekita)
Script - Learning Skills From Enemies
- Having skills used on you in battle earns you points towards learning that skill.
- Suggested By Sharm
Script - Additional Vehicle Options
- Way to restrict vehicle movement (think carts or trains)
- Have more than default vehicles
- Suggested By Sharm (elaborated on by Dekita)
[ this list will be updated as suggestions are made ]
Suggestion - Entries can be entered into a tier/class, for example - Easy/Medium/Hard, then script entries compete against their own tier. This would encourage script writers of less experience to participate, by submitting their entry into a lower class.
Outcome - This could easily be done - proving there is enough interest from people of all script writing abilities.
Suggestion - Various obstacles could be implemented, such as; cannot modify a specific class, cannot use specific methods, submitted script has be under [x] amount of lines or it could even be things that benefit the script user, such as must have over [x] amount of customization options.
Outcome - This seems highly possible. it would blend in very well along with having various difficulty levels or tiers.
Last edited by a moderator: