Should Previous Entrants get to choose the next script?

• Yes

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Someone impartial should choose

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is another nice one, requested by Shiokazu, which I think would make a good challenge script:

More Vehicles

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Didnt someone already do an extra vehicle type script?

Not that that really matter though :p

Seems like quite a cool idea as well :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, but people have already done some of the other scripts on the list too. I've not seen them personally, but it just seemed like a really interesting script :)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea its quite a cool idea.

Having alternate methods of travel for example - ie, not the norm.. :D

FenixFyreX

Fire Deity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have three suggestions, is that okay?

1st Suggestion:

I think a menu system would be a great challenge; it's not overly hard, but it does require some structure. It have many ways of being done, and so many features can be implemented, making it nicely diverse for a challenge like this. My suggestion:
-- Menu System --

- Highly customizable; needs at least 10 customizable options, at least 3 can be changed in game.

- Cannot resemble the default menu (this is a challenge, remember!)

- Cannot use window class (or perhaps only 1 instance of any window class allowed?)

- Cannot edit/alias Window_Command at all.

- Must allow command order to be changed and new commands to be added / default commands to be removed.
2nd Suggestion:

I think a dungeon generator / random world generator would be fantastic. This would probably be in the hard tier, but it could be a challenge for towards the end of the contest.
-- Generator --

- Needs to be able to generate new maps, with x number of rooms.

- Needs to be able to create maze maps, simple room-hallway maps, and also open-obstacle maps.

- Traps can be auto generated or defined by the user somehow, some way.

- Need to be able to describe 'structures' that can be randomly generated on types of maps, like houses, shops, castle dungeons, etc.
3rd Suggestion:

A tile placement script would be good, where you can place items on the map, etc. Here's some specifics:
-- In-Game Map Edit --

- Need to be able to place down tiles from the map's tileset

- Can place items on map, etc.Need to be able to define what items can be placed, etc.

- Save changes, allow them to pick the tiles back up somehow.
I can understand if suggestions 2 and 3 don't make it because they're quite different from what RM coders are used to, but I thought it'd be great to flex one's logic for a change and step into the uncomfortable where there are no defaults to look at and reference. Any thoughts?

@Dekita - Yes, I did a vehicle script once. It was actually quite fun, although I no longer have the code, writing another should be equally as enticing because honestly, I don't remember my last at all (it was probably inexperienced coding anyways, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
suggest as many as you want - as long as they have adequate information / descriptions :D

I honestly have no spare time to read the spoilers - but i will tomorrow. I really shouldnt even be typng this - i should be coding the final touches of EUA ;)

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Simple enough Suggestion - a basic crafting system, alas one WITHOUT "visible" recipes. Let the player freely choose which items she wants to attempt to combine. If these items fulfill the criteria of a preset recipe, the product (or products) is created. (This is actually how crafting in Diablo 2 worked - the player had a "cube" in which she combined items in much the same way I described.)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey fenix.

Just got round to reading your suggestions (finally) and i gotta say. nice thinking :D

I have added 2 of them to the list; however, I had to make a small change...

- I removed the no windows / window command restrictions from the menu script.

I done this because I felt it could potentially hinder a newer scripter from being able to take part (personally though, I think that is a great restriction and if we had more participants last time round we could have split this next event into tiers and had the restrictions for top tier)
The reason I didnt add suggestion 3 was purely because i wasnt able to understand what you meant :p

I think you mean a script that - for example - you could use to place furniture (tiles) onto a point in a map at any time ?

@Ravenith - Didn't add your suggestion because someone released a script for that yesterday (or the day before) in the RGS3? script section. :)

You could give it a look and see if it fully matches your suggestion :)

Also - I have put up a new vote for the 5 simplest script suggestions we have had. :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you amend question 3 in the poll?  It asks if the difficulty puts me off entering or not.  As I'm not a scripter (and I am assuming anyone can vote) I can't answer this question, but unless I do, the poll software won't accept my other 2 votes.  It just needs a 'Not applicable' or something like that.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whoops my bad!

That has been rectified. Thanks for pointing it out :)

sokita

Crawling back to the surface
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
umm, how about a minimap with pointer to certain place like NPC, hospital, or player's home?

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
I'd suggest to do a Random Encounter Radar System for world maps (or any maps), were it displays the random encounters in a window and possibly to provide power ups on a certain amount of tiles. The enemy encounter rate weight would determine where the next encounter possibility pops up and it would be setup in a table format (Grid System) with the possibility of turning it on/of via the interpreter, you can use icons for enemies, power ups, and the player. It's great practice for studying and using Structures and Tables inside scripts and it'd push the map classes to a further extent. I've had this idea for a while now and came up with a way to do it. If it were to be chosen, I'd defiantly participate.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Keep in mind guys - we want fairly simple scripts that the writers will be able to interpret in their own way and also - so that more people (perhaps with less experience) can also participate. That being said. It is a challenge and therefore, should retain at least some level of difficulty :D

Liking the idea of a radar type thing though I do think the suggestion was a little too specific. If anything, I think having a suggestion for a 'visible radar with features of at least [x] and [y] would be more adequate for this kind of event. No doubt I would attempt replication on a MGS style radar / stealth system - cause MGS is ol' skool pro-ness :D .

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
Keep in mind guys - we want fairly simple scripts that the writers will be able to interpret in their own way and also - so that more people (perhaps with less experience) can also participate. That being said. It is a challenge and therefore, should retain at least some level of difficulty :D

Liking the idea of a radar type thing though I do think the suggestion was a little too specific. If anything, I think having a suggestion for a 'visible radar with features of at least [x] and [y] would be more adequate for this kind of event. No doubt I would attempt replication on a MGS style radar / stealth system - cause MGS is ol' skool pro-ness :D .
Oh I see. Deny the hamburger guy. Maybe I should gut your cow chibi >_> . JUST KIDDING! ;)

In all seriousness I may have misunderstood this event anyway. I really wasn't aiming for specifics really, just figured a simple radar would do the trick.

(Maybe not the complexity I described) but hey even if it's not part of the challenge I'll probably end up doing something like this for everyone. :)

What about a stat distribution script? We may or may not have a few of those. ABS RPG's usually use them and they can go right into a sub class of the menu scene. If not, I'll probably just vote for one in the list that I like and if that one is picked I'll probably still dive in.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
lol seriously dude...

You really want to suggest writing a stat distribution script against me?

You crazy dawg...

Just gonna drop THIS here for you to peruse and hopefully agree that to attempt such a thing would be foolish :D

But yea, I do think a radar type script would be a good thing for people to use in this kind of event. Weather it was a minimap type radar or an enemy hud radar type deal :D

Think moghunter done some kinda enemy encounter radar... Could be wrong though :p

Edit:

If the link above hasn't deterred you from your suggestion - I will happily pop it in the list :D

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
Bestiary is winning by a land slide though, plus that one sounds fun. ;)

As for your stats. I won't get in the way between you and your baby. lol

I'd run into the problem on what to include what you haven't already haha

Onomotopoeia

I don't know, nobody's told me yet.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It may only be winning because that would be the easiest of those on the poll, though.

A simple note-tag block in the Monster definition; a script for handling the battle death; and the Window to display the bestiary state.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol yea, the ISPDS took over 12 months to write and make all the addons and bugfix it all :p
The only thing its really missing is distribution of status resistance/attack rates :)

Yea, a bestiary style script is fairly easy; however, just cause the script idea is easy, doesn't mean the entries are going to be simple. i would actually assume the opposite. - That peope would think more outside of the box to ensure their script surpasses the other entries :) - maybe thats just me though  :D

Edit :

This was my 2000th post on this site. Go me and my super no life-ness :D

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has voting opened for the next challenge yet, or is that still going from the previous one? When we're ready for a new theme, votes will all be reset, and new suggestions will be added to the list, if they haven't been already.

Edit:

This was my 14,423rd post on this site :p

Sorry ... couldn't resist

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea, I knew you had been busy (as have I) and finally I got round to fixing it all earlier :)

Edit:

Congrats Shaz. I now feel like my 2000 posts makes my super no-lifeness look like a newb :'(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyN19