Code-Off Script Suggestions

Discussion in 'Code-Off Challenge' started by ??????, May 30, 2014.

?

Should Previous Entrants get to choose the next script?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Keep it as it is

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Someone impartial should choose

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So including suggestions that cover different aspects of RMVXA may help attracting more potential participants. If they're more familiar with the RMVXA aspects involved, it'll be probably easier for them in general.

If that's the case, I'd suggest the next challenge covering a different aspect from the previous ones(a wardrobe scene and a bestiary book), like making a relatively simple battle addon to the default RMVXA battle system :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Venka - good to hear you have also learned a good amount from participating in the challenges. That shows that its not only one person learning, which is great :)

@bgillisp - Shame you missed the deadline for the last challenge dude. As Shaz said, people are always happy to help in the RGSS Script Support type forums :D

Again, good to hear you have learned some stuff from attempting to enter. Hopefully you are able to participate in future challenges :)

@Shaz - will add that to the list when I update it. Escape codes should be easy enough for anyone to figure out - with a little regexp help from google perhaps, but still fairly easy I would think.

@DoubleX - I was also thinking that for when selecting the scripts for the next vote. Gotta make sure that each event is somewhat different to the last, so I will try feature as many scripts that dont require its own scene as possible - this will *hopefully* make it alot easier for people who arent as experienced as well :)

3. JoePro

JoePro None Newb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love open book tests. :D

I like the escape character challenge. I think that would make it more of an imaginative challenge as well. Its one thing to figure out how to write it(very easy btw), its another thing to come up with ways to utilize it. I think this should be the focus of this challenge. Personally I'll probably write one even if its not selected.

?????? likes this.
  4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Did we ever decide on a topic? Or is this challenge on hold for now?

Marsigne likes this.
  5. Xanthippe

Xanthippe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How about a weather system, There are a few out there that are good but most seem to lack imagination you may find in a competition like this. Unless this would be to high of a difficulty?