Should Previous Entrants get to choose the next script?

• Yes

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Someone impartial should choose

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
The difficulty of scripts is somewhat dependent on the scripter as well. Some scripts will just flat out be hard to do... but some of the suggestions sound very hard to me because they deal with parts of the game engine that I'm not overly familiar with. It's also not about winning for me.. I've got to say that the first challenge was by far the hardest for me and a learned sooooo much from it and my coding has improved a lot for it. I know both the other guys that have been in the previous challenges are much more experienced coders then I am, so I was over the moon that I got a vote for my coding in the Bestiary challenge ;)
So including suggestions that cover different aspects of RMVXA may help attracting more potential participants. If they're more familiar with the RMVXA aspects involved, it'll be probably easier for them in general.

If that's the case, I'd suggest the next challenge covering a different aspect from the previous ones(a wardrobe scene and a bestiary book), like making a relatively simple battle addon to the default RMVXA battle system :)

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Venka - good to hear you have also learned a good amount from participating in the challenges. That shows that its not only one person learning, which is great :)

@bgillisp - Shame you missed the deadline for the last challenge dude. As Shaz said, people are always happy to help in the RGSS Script Support type forums :D

Again, good to hear you have learned some stuff from attempting to enter. Hopefully you are able to participate in future challenges :)

@Shaz - will add that to the list when I update it. Escape codes should be easy enough for anyone to figure out - with a little regexp help from google perhaps, but still fairly easy I would think.

@DoubleX - I was also thinking that for when selecting the scripts for the next vote. Gotta make sure that each event is somewhat different to the last, so I will try feature as many scripts that dont require its own scene as possible - this will *hopefully* make it alot easier for people who arent as experienced as well :)

JoePro

None Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love open book tests. :D

I like the escape character challenge. I think that would make it more of an imaginative challenge as well. Its one thing to figure out how to write it(very easy btw), its another thing to come up with ways to utilize it. I think this should be the focus of this challenge. Personally I'll probably write one even if its not selected.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did we ever decide on a topic? Or is this challenge on hold for now?

Xanthippe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How about a weather system, There are a few out there that are good but most seem to lack imagination you may find in a competition like this. Unless this would be to high of a difficulty?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington