RMMV Code Paradox -- A gem with a soul from the 90s.

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code Paradox Digital Poster.png

Synopsis:
Adventure calls!!

In a planet similar to ours yet different, 3 young ones are thrown into an adventure of a life time after the evil corporation Zetra Corp created an experiment in their City to subjugate the masses. Will our heroes be able to fight this menace or be destroyed?

What's This game about:
This game is the culmination of my love for the 90s which started with the idea of doing an Earthbound-like game then it evolved into its own thing instead of a carbon copy. This is like the spiritual Brother of Earthbound, Shigetsu Itoi, the creator of Earthbound/Mother series said that he will not be making another one, so it's up to the fans to come up with a new game, Since Nintendo will drop kick anybody in the face with a cease and desist letter as soon as we touch any of their IPs(understandable) this game was born from it instead. Code Paradox will be a series of games akin to Saturday morning cartoons from the 90s, where the characters go on new adventures with the underlining threat of Zetra Corp as a backdrop for the game/cartoon/comic. The adventures will all be separate nods to the 90s along with myths of old. So strap in and be ready for an adventure! This is going to be a wild one!

- Crazy and dynamic front battle system with our heroes jumping out of their HP/MP box to smash their enemies! Custom Battle System Madness!
- Fun out of combat skills to use to find clues and traverse dungeons!
- Wacky Earthbound style enemies that will keep you on your toes and make you smile!
- Fun story with a bunch of nods to the 90s
- Old RPG systems with a new coat of paint and a modern twist!
- Psychic Powers, Magical girls champion of justice and MORE!
- Spiritual Brother to Earthbound. (not related at all to Earthbound of course)

- Racing Mini Game
- Moba Tournament Mini Game

Characters:

Clyde:

tyler_revised.png

Clyde always was kind of a conspiracy nut. Funny enough he was right about Zetra! Our young hero wields Telekinetic powers and is the leader of the trio. Cunning and strategic, he is the glue of the team. His strong sense of justice pushes him to bring oppressors to light and cannot allow Zetra Corp and similar corporations to go unpunished.

Erin:

erins_revised.png

Erin comes from a long line of Guardians of Astarte. Her magical Bracers allow her to transform into a beautiful guardian of justice! She was active as a hero before her two friends when she used to battle her old enemies "The Cult of Scorpius" . Beautiful and energetic there is nothing that can stand in her way.

Mark:

mark_revised.png

Mark isn't what one would expect. He is the very rare combination of a jock and a nerd. Captain of the "Boulders" of Eveside, one would never expect him to be a tinkerer with an IQ of 300. Mechanical bots fill his room and help him with his creations. Due to him always having gadgets to help his friends get out of a tight spot he is often called "Toolbox Mark" a name he secretly loves.

Some More Art:

Since we are re-doing the city art for in-game and I don't wanna show the old style because I don't want to break your immersion, I decided to at least show some of our custom battlers so you guys can see some extra art for the game:

Dev Notes: There will be at least 30-ish different battlers for the full game.

mistghoul_female2.png

mistghoul_male.png
zetra_assualtsoldier.png
zetra_assassin.png

Eveside Tourism Guide:
Welcome to Eveside! The City blessed from outer space! In 1947 an alleged alien spaceship crashed here. Tourist attractions sprawl all over the city. Come and eat out our amazing Astro Burgers or our famous Star Fries! Or you could come to our various spots like the CrashZone Arcade or the International Alien Museum of Eveside!
(I will add locations here semi regularly as we are done designing them in game, come back for updates)

Dev Notes: Every building has a story! In Code Paradox there are no blank buildings, everything has a story and a reason for being in the city!

The CrashZone:

the_crashzone2.png

The Crashzone is an arcade/fast food joint/Internet Cafe known for it's Astro Burgers! Come and hang out with your homies as you are blasting aliens away in a game of "Alien Hunters" or maybe participate in MOBA MMO tournaments! The Owner of the establishment is known as Glitch, rumors say he was a legendary Hacker during the Golden Era, of course rumors are greatly exaggerated most of the time but who knows?

Quest Giver: Glitch
MOBA MMO Tournament Side-Quests
Hello World Side-Quests

Questline:
Participate in the King Phoenix MOBA tournament and try and win the Silver Phoenix Feather for the Eveside Region, and get a chance to get an invitation to the nationals.

Questline 2: Glitch's old enemies have resurfaced and you have been caught in the middle of an old war between two bitter rivals. How will you settle this?

Excess Electronics:

ee4.png
Old Computer and robotics company known to have been at the forefront of technological advances of the 80s. Now a shadow of it's former self, only its head office remains. Now lead by Maximus's Son, Eric tries to bring back the former glory of EE by any means necessary most notably by pushing the new Gen X processor chip in order to regain it's place as king of technology in the industry.

Hello World Questline Dungeon
An Offer you could refuse Questline:

Clyde and the gang are offered something that could change their life forever, but must turn a blind eye to what would happen to a certain group of Hacktivists if they accept.

(More places to be added regularly, keep checking back!)

Comic Strip:

(Coming soon)

Cartoon:

(Coming soon)

Demo:

(Coming in 2021)

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AnimaScorpius Can you please change the white text for Mark's description? It's unreadable on a light theme.

Also, this looks really interesting, I put it on my watch list. Some screenshots of in game would be great!

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AnimaScorpius Can you please change the white text for Mark's description? It's unreadable on a light theme.

Also, this looks really interesting, I put it on my watch list. Some screenshots of in game would be great!
Fixed the text for Mark, also for the in-game screen shots, I will add some more besides the battle system one later on. for now we are re-doing the buildings from scratch and re-doing the style of the city completely, I don't want to show the old ones since I don't want to break the immersion of the game.

macawbre

cornered corvidae
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I love this aesthetic! The art flows so well!

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping due to adding another section: Eveside Tourism Guide after more then 72 hours.

Last edited:

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping due to adding sections and doing it after more then 72 hours:

Added Whats this about section
Added Dev notes
Added more art with synopsis of the building

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013
Ami
--- Swimming ---

F.Knight: This Shrine always Flood. We don't have a choice,we have to Swimming in this place
F.Healer: That Insane!
F.Mage: We can use…Boat,rather than Swimming
F.Knight: You guys…Can't Swim?
F.Healer & F.Mage: (Shocked) Eehh??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M12YT