Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
The game I’m making will be hosted on my website for embedded HTML. I am adding a store in the site that will give the user a code when they buy stuff I need a plugin where they can enter the codes in and if the code matches one I programmed into the plugin it’ll adjust a variance which will unlock game content for them..

So the plugin would need to allow me to put codes into it and allow people to enter a code via menu.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you'll need a plugin for that. It's just a matter of getting text from the player (use this maybe? https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/input-dialog-mz.126294/) The input will then be stored in a variable. You have to run a condition check to see if the value in this variable is equal to the value you have set.
Unimportant blabber:
I had a similar idea like this. But instead of making people buy things, I wanted to ask them for feedback. Each time they filled up the form, they'd get a very random string of numbers that had been generated beforehand inside the game. It's new everytime so the player had no chance of cheating. The player was then prompted to download this random string and enter the contents in a textbox in the game. The idea was that, the string generated beforehand was random and nobody had any way of knowing what it was... unless they filled up my form. So once they input the exact string again, they match like they're supposed to and the players get an exclusive item. I didn't implement this though. Didn't want to seem like I was forcing people for feedback.

Obipandawan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na the issue with this plugin is i would have to make alot of common events and variables to support it, was hoping to have something made that would do the work within the plugin without having to make tons of events to do so. Also the issue doing it as events is, once someone buys something they get the code and there is no real easy way to make sure the code never gets used again..

Last edited:

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I understand correctly, you want people to use an external web store to purchase ingame items with real money.

From a security point of view, a plugin would be a very bad idea, because hackers could easily reverse-engineer your plugin and then create a shop where they sell the same items for cheaper (or maybe even for free in exchange for watching ads).

What you really need is a plugin that replaces the existing save/load mechanism with one that uses a server under your control. The players will only be able to save to your server or load from it.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't mind fiddling around with code, you can take a look at the firebase node module. If you can somehow attach your firebase account to your game (I'm sure there's a way to do that), you can sync variables across all games. So once a code has been used, you can remove it and it will no longer be available for anybody.
I also have another idea but I don't think anyone would want to go through all the trouble to set that up XD

Last edited:

Obipandawan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nolonar we are hosting on a amazon server we paid for pretty advanced firewall and security to try and avoid it we also planned to change the codes weekly. We were hoping to get a plugin that might read from a spread sheet that would have say in one column a code and the second a variance code and the plugin would read on and then apply the variance from the other. This way we can go through the spread sheet and remove bad files also the sheets can be kept separate from game files that way even if the game was hacked the codes are not in the same location..

But i could be wrong.

@Hyouryuu-Na i did look into that but was not sure how to intregrate it, i guess i would need a custom plugin for that as well if i went that direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnriX