Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Engine: VX ACE

Aptly named for how similar it currently is to TES: IV as alot of place holder text is being used.
It is also named like this because I'm an unoriginal fart so the opening is very similar.
Also it may be a completely open world game where everything not nailed down is lootable.

Codename: Oblivion is an open world action-rpg featuring:
  • ABS battle system: Screw the boring turn-based combat. Every weapon, shield and armor you equip changes on your character, use them to kill your enemies!
  • Fully lootable world: See those items on that table? Take 'em! Those barrels over there? Completely random loot, all yours!
  • Beautiful parallax maps: No more boring maps!
  • Open-world sandbox: Yup, nothing linear at all here.
Right now I am looking for feedback on the direction to take this so any and all ideas are welcome, even just general feedback is appreciated.

Controls: This game was made to be used with the mouse and WASD controls. The mouse is how you determine what an object is you're pointing it at. Using any other controls will such as just the arrow keys and spacebar may hinder your experience.

DEMO: The latest version can always be found here.

8/9/17: Noticed a couple bugs in the demo, fixed them. Namely not being able to leave the final cave. Oops!
Modern Algebra
Yanfly
Celianna
Lunarea
Casper Gaming
Granny
Neon Black
V
Galv
Falcao
Hime
Mr Trivel
Jeneeus Guruman
Fomar0153
V.M of D.T
Pandamaru
Enterbrain, inc
DEGICA

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the start point may be in the wrong place, because I started in the stable's house and couldn't find any weapons... I couldn't go anywhere else besides the map around that house and couldn't fight the wolves. So I had to stop trying to play pretty quickly, but I did notice a few passability errors, here's a screenshot of the ones I found.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the start point may be in the wrong place, because I started in the stable's house and couldn't find any weapons... I couldn't go anywhere else besides the map around that house and couldn't fight the wolves. So I had to stop trying to play pretty quickly, but I did notice a few passability errors, here's a screenshot of the ones I found.
Christ, I'm a moron. I forgot to change the start point back after I made the fixes. Please check back in about 20 minutes for the new file.

Here mate.

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alrighty, I know you're gonna hate me but the new demo's also broken, it's missing the System folder with the RGSS301.dll file so it crashes when you try to start. :rswt Luckily I could throw the old demo's file into it to actually play.
The ABS seems to work well, though without having a lot of skills or spells to play around with I'm not able to tell how easy it is to come up with a personal fighting style. As it was, I flung fireballs until enemies were close enough to whack with a sword. I'm not sure if it's possible to change, but the enemies seemed to be able to see me through walls and they'd end up trying to attack even though I was nowhere near them.

There was a minor issue when trying to navigate the menu, the WASD keys couldn't be used. I could use the mouse instead, but it would've been nice to just be able to use the keys to check things.

Mapping was fine, but adding in some more variation to elevation may make the maps a bit more interesting, as the field with trees ended up looking pretty same-y (for a map every once in a while that's fine, but it could make exploring less fun if everything's at the same height). There was a problem with the corpses at the end of the demo, they didn't have direction fix set so they'd shapeshift whenever I interacted with them. Other than those things, and the passability issues from my previous comment, I enjoyed the look of the tiles and the overall layouts in the cave.

I know you said the opening is real similar to Oblivion, so I'll skip commenting on any of the dialogue besides the spelling errors I noticed. After escaping the prison via the secret passage the character says 'danges' instead of 'dangers'. Also, in the battle tutorial it says "An enemy with two crossed swords means hey will attack on sight", and the 'hey' should be 'they'.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alrighty, I know you're gonna hate me but the new demo's also broken, it's missing the System folder with the RGSS301.dll file so it crashes when you try to start. :rswt Luckily I could throw the old demo's file into it to actually play.

Nope, I actually appreciate any and all criticism or feedback! I don't know why it's giving that error, as I believe that means you're missing the RTP, right? I simply extracted the game like I always have and uploaded it.

The ABS seems to work well, though without having a lot of skills or spells to play around with I'm not able to tell how easy it is to come up with a personal fighting style. As it was, I flung fireballs until enemies were close enough to whack with a sword. I'm not sure if it's possible to change, but the enemies seemed to be able to see me through walls and they'd end up trying to attack even though I was nowhere near them.
This is a limitation of RPGmaker and Falcaos ABS. There is nothing I can do about enemies able to see you through walls, unfortunetly.

There was a minor issue when trying to navigate the menu, the WASD keys couldn't be used. I could use the mouse instead, but it would've been nice to just be able to use the keys to check things.

Yes, this will be fixed!

Mapping was fine, but adding in some more variation to elevation may make the maps a bit more interesting, as the field with trees ended up looking pretty same-y (for a map every once in a while that's fine, but it could make exploring less fun if everything's at the same height).
Agreed, more maps were planned, of course.

There was a problem with the corpses at the end of the demo, they didn't have direction fix set so they'd shapeshift whenever I interacted with them. Other than those things, and the passability issues from my previous comment, I enjoyed the look of the tiles and the overall layouts in the cave.
Yeah, lot's of little things I may have missed so thanks for pointing those out.

I know you said the opening is real similar to Oblivion, so I'll skip commenting on any of the dialogue besides the spelling errors I noticed. After escaping the prison via the secret passage the character says 'danges' instead of 'dangers'. Also, in the battle tutorial it says "An enemy with two crossed swords means hey will attack on sight", and the 'hey' should be 'they'.
Little things that need to be worked out, thank you so much for the feedback!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why it's giving that error, as I believe that means you're missing the RTP, right? I simply extracted the game like I always have and uploaded it.
Odd, somewhere something went funky then, because the first demo had the System folder so I'm not sure why it disappeared from the second one.

Good to hear the menu thing will be fixed. I assumed there would be more maps (it'd be a pretty small open world otherwise :guffaw:), just wanted to point out my thoughts on exploring and elevation. Too bad the ABS thing can't be fixed, but I kinda figured that may be the case. Glad the little tile and spelling details will get fixed up, good luck with the game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
When you feel annoyed by all the jokes and fake news, since in your country April's 1 is just a regular day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alanboss