vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
UQKJHD2.png

Congratulations! Humanity has finally achieved world peace!
Because all humans on the planet right now are currently sleeping.

It has been three days since the strange phenomena happened. People and animals, starts of drowsy, and then began to fall asleep regardless of where they are, in the traffic, on the field, during work hour, or in the mall. Even the earth itself become stagnant, one side of the hemisphere stuck in daylight while the other side stuck in nighttime.

By the third day, only a handful of people left who are still awake, suppressing their urge to sleep with caffeine. The rest show no sign of waking up no matter what the survivors do. Anarchy run rampant as some of the survivors seize control of the city, nobody know what to do, and nobody know what is the cause of all this. All they know is falling asleep right now is equivalent to death.

But someone certainly know what is going on. Somewhere in the world, stuck in a night, a group of survivors discovered a massive portal that engulfed part of their city. And together, they form a coalition to tackle the current situation, find the source, and put an end to this peaceful night so they can go back to sleep.

But what do you care? You're just a waste collector who happened to be awake. Nevertheless, as a survivor you're invited to the their meetings......

FEATURES
This game is a ROGUELIKE made using RPG Maker MV. It does not play like the usual RPG, as such is focused more on gameplay than storyline. (If you are not familiar with roguelike: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike)
  • Permadeath - your character have but one life, a single death and that's it. You WILL lose all progress and start back at the beginning. But you will earn unlocks depending on your performances.
  • Randomly generated levels - not procedural generation, just plain random (RMMV cannot support the former). So you can have a high replayability value since no two playthrough will be the same, but the room layout will stay familiar.
  • Simple & fast-paced - all combat is done simply by bumping your enemies, there is no turn-based battle window scene in this game. You will fight enemy as they appear on screen. No aiming required. You just have to know when to retreat, and analyse the current situation.
  • Class & quirk - these determine your starting stats and abilities. Mix and match the two of them.
  • Scaling difficulty - enemy will scale with time. So spending too much time in a single level is unwise, this is a form of anti-grind. You have to keep going!
  • Perpetual gameplay - this game has no ending (because I haven't made it yet), so you will keep cycling back and go on and on until you finally die or give up. At least you get to keep your high scores.
  • Coffee - seriously, this is the main theme of this game. You need to keep watch of your caffeine meter at all time. Be deprived of caffeine and your character will suffer penalty before eventually falling asleep (dead).

SCREENSHOTS
ibaWYRV.png

^Pack your bag and carry a pickax.
YAlzv8k.png

^Ignore my character name.
oH8loK3.png

^A hospital map infested with alien and zombies. Perfectly normal if you're high on caffeine.
EsmJByk.png

^Girl, this house is unsettling and you are creepy.
Heh55yr.png

^Keep powering up by collecting novelties.
wlsEvYg.png

^The gameplay is super easy and fast-paced. You just bump into the enemy until they die.
HzZWCDB.png

^What can I get for 8 dollar?
So8ergZ.png

^I borrow money from this guy and never plan to pay it.

MEET YOUR PEERS
npk4GhQ.png

• Just like you, these people are survivors who made it through the night without sleeping. You will frequently encounter them as you play. You can befriend them, partner them, ignore them, or piss them off.
  • Each peer has their own place which they hang out, provide different perks when befriended , offer different services, has their own set of abilities which you can learn from, has different tendency to hate you, and speak their own languages which you might not understand.
  • If you played "Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup", which is the main inspiration for this game, you should be familiar with its pantheon system ( you worship a god and they give you powers ). The peers are just that, except they aren't god so they won't smite you if you abandon them, and you can associate with multiple peers at once.
  • Also, this isn't a dating sim. There is no romance option in this game.
COLLECT NOVELTIES
TvNprT7.png

• Novelty provide various bonuses upon pickup, most come with drawback. These are the main method for your character progression. You don't need to equip them, there's no equipment window in this game. On the bright side, you can keep stacking all novelty bonuses until your power level went through the roof.
  • If you played game like "The Binding of Isaac" or "Risk of Rain", you should be familiar with this system. Start off slow and become near godlike in the end.

TO DO LIST
The game has been in development for 2 years with 18 month spent on procrastinating (seriously, I need help with my writer's block). The game is pretty much playable in its current state. Only the following left to do:
  • Complete peer missing text.
  • Add an intro cinematic.
  • Add some victory condition.
You guys can help by providing feedback, criticism, and reporting bug, once the beta version is out.
PS: Any fans of roguelike out there?
CREDITS
Marimo
Aekashics
Pandamaru
Hiddeonone
Bokou
Avery <- wants copy
Kadokawa
Degica
SkottyTV
Leanne
7Soul1
Game-icons.net
Sei Mutsuki - PeriTune
amachamusic
CityShrimp
Procraftynation
Modern Algebra
LadyBaskerville
Estriole
Izyees Fariz
Moghunter
Mr. Trivel
mrcopra
kuoushi
mjshi
Quasi
Yanfly
TOMY (Kamesoft)
PrimeHover
SumRndmDde
Galv - galvs-scripts.com
Hime - HimeWorks (http://himeworks.com)
HUDell - www.hudell.com
Kadokawa
Degica
ACQUIRE
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

INSPIRATIONS
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
The Binding of Isaac
Risk of Rain
LOAP - Life of a Peasant
Tale of Maj Eyal
ADOM
Runestone Keeper
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Path of Exile
Zettai Hero Project
Eternal Senia
Civilization 5
Clicker Heroes

DOWNLOAD?
Just need to set up a distribution package. I'll upload the beta version soon if you guys don't mind missing text.
UPDATE: Download link is now up. Go to the linked page and click "download" on the top right.
UPDATE: Download link removed for ceremonial reason.

Last edited:

vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
Looks awesome!
Can't wait to try it, can you export a Mac OSX version as well? :)
Thanks! And about MAC version.... that will take up my cloud storage space. I probably add it on my next update.
You're the guy behind Dungeon Dreams right? Glad to see someone with the same interest!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks good, and I like your art style, subscribing this. Internet is currently suck at the moment, but I will try this later

WereWorld

DDreamsGames
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! And about MAC version.... that will take up my cloud storage space. I probably add it on my next update.
You're the guy behind Dungeon Dreams right? Glad to see someone with the same interest!

Yes, that's me =)

Aw, too bad, I really wanted to try it. I'll keep an eye on the next updates, then.

Thank you!

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried this in other day, and forgot to put a comment. I liked the style as I expected, but the problem with this game is it just lag too much. I played other RMMV game, and it's not as laggy as this. And it also an ABS (is this game even ABS though, the battle it just bump onto the foe). On map, it took around 30's FPS, while in menu, it's clean 60 FPS. I wonder why. Also opening the menu took seconds to load. Playing like this is not really comfortable. Sorry, but I had to close after 30 minutes of playing

vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
I've tried this in other day, and forgot to put a comment. I liked the style as I expected, but the problem with this game is it just lag too much. I played other RMMV game, and it's not as laggy as this. And it also an ABS (is this game even ABS though, the battle it just bump onto the foe). On map, it took around 30's FPS, while in menu, it's clean 60 FPS. I wonder why. Also opening the menu took seconds to load. Playing like this is not really comfortable. Sorry, but I had to close after 30 minutes of playing
Did you turn on the Synch Monitor FPS in the option?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I didn't remember changing anything in option. So it was likely to be a default setting. But I will try to look at it later

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice, there is random map generator for MV though. You could have put in your game, but very nice nonetheless.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKIRA_RPG