The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace, and what I'm what I'm wanting to do is for one particular boss encounter, I want the boss to show the collapse animation as a "transform" transition I guess. Example, a boss has one battler image, but about 15 to 10% health, the battler image shows the boss collapse animation, however, that starts Stage 2, where the boss, at full health again, has no battler, so you're basically fighting an invisible enemy.

Reason for this is that in the third game in one of my series, the "true" final boss is known as "Endless Nightmare". You fight it in a void of sorts, and once the boss, whose battler resembles one of the player character's allies, gets down to about 10 to 15% health, that battler images collapses, "Endless Nightmare" gains a full refill of health and magic, and you have to fight an invisible form for the boss' second stage, to give the battle that feeling of being an "endless nightmare".

Thanks.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: Sorry, misread.

This is pretty complicated, and I've found a script that makes it much easier, if you're willing to use one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dont need a script. Just make an invisible enemy in enemy tab. Then go to troop tab make the enemy appear halfway.

Set an event that activates when the boss reaches less than 15% health. Force it to kill the boss by applying the state death. Make the invisible enemy that was halfway appear before the death state.

Thats all.

The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do you mean by make the enemy appear halfway? Also, if both the invisible enemy and the normal enemy were in the troop encounter, wouldn't the invisible enemy show up in the battle menu as something you could target and attack?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Appear Halfway means they don't show up at the start of battle, until the point where you tell it to. So you can make it so only one is visible at a time.

In the troop tab, right-click on the sprite for the "invisible" enemy, and check the Appear Halfway. Then in your troop events, put a condition When Enemy 1's HP is 15% or below, Enemy Appear #2 (under Battle on the last tab of the event commands), and kill off the first enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d7iid