Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Description of the Feature:
  • A small arrow added to Conditional Branches (vIf, vElse) that allows editor commands directly below to be collapsed into shorter segments.

Code for Implementation:
If a programmer, you can add some code on how it will be applied in the core scripts.

Mockups:
Mockup.png

Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • Eventing can get extremely complex, especially when you're trying to do something without a plugin- or because you have a plugin.
  • Being able to collapse conditional branches can potentially allow you to better organize what is happening within the event, plus is means less scrolling for those really long events.
  • It can also act as a visual shorthand for conditional branches that work as expected. (I.E. If it's collapsed, then you are finished with it at this point.)

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • I do not know anything of how scripting or coding works, what may seem 'simple' to me might be extremely difficult to do. It might be unfeasible or even impossible with how RMMV is currently.
  • Collapsing the conditional branch may lead to people expanding and collapsing them to find the one bit of the event that's not working properly, which if you don't recall at which point it should be at, it can take just as much time finding what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Diretooth Archeia will not approve this thread until it complies with the template which you can find here. Please note that it is not just the lay-out of the info about the suggestion which is required, but also the poll, which should be exactly as the one in that post.

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This sort of feature would be a huge help, even in moderately complex events. When events get complex, it would be invaluable.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

too... many... ideas... can't... edit them down :dizzy:
Don't you love your work?
It's been half a month and I didn't give signs of life, not even in my website.

I've been studying about my project and I discovered something that I definitely think it will be better.

On the other hand, I still have to learn how to use it properly so I need time.
This catgirl name is Elyune.
Her hobby is cooking and eating sweets. She's also an alchemist.

Cat_girl.jpg
catgirl-1.jpg
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weab