Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone,

I need help with a mechanic that is driving me crazy.

I am trying to repositioning an Item collected from the player; from a map location to a new map.

The process divided into several steps, is as follows.

1 - player interact with the object (a chair, a table for example)
2 - dialog asks to pick up object (yes/no options)
3 - object disappears once collected
4 - player change map location (for example through a door)
5 - player from this new location, access the item menu and select the object previously collected
6 - the object is now placed in the new location

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tutorials forum is not for support questions. Please state what maker you are working with, and I will move it to the appropriate forum.

You cannot move events from one map to another. You have to have two events, and use switches (or self switches) to make only one visible at a time, so it gives the appearance that it's moved. This means unless you are using a spawning plugin, you have to have an event on the new map that can be made to appear at the right time.

Can you put your chair on ANY map? Or just one in particular? Can it go ANYWHERE on the map, or in a specific place?

You will need to attach a common event to the item, and have it check to see that you're on the right map. If you are, turn on a switch that will make the event appear, and remove the item from your inventory.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
The tutorials forum is not for support questions. Please state what maker you are working with, and I will move it to the appropriate forum.

You cannot move events from one map to another. You have to have two events, and use switches (or self switches) to make only one visible at a time, so it gives the appearance that it's moved. This means unless you are using a spawning plugin, you have to have an event on the new map that can be made to appear at the right time.

Can you put your chair on ANY map? Or just one in particular? Can it go ANYWHERE on the map, or in a specific place?

You will need to attach a common event to the item, and have it check to see that you're on the right map. If you are, turn on a switch that will make the event appear, and remove the item from your inventory.

Hello Shaz,

thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate.

I am currently using RPG maker MV , sorry for not mention it before.

the "chair" need to be collected and can be reallocated anywhere. In any map.

I will try as you explained and get back to you.

Thanks again!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Then you would need to have an event on every map just in case the player decides to put the chair there. If that is difficult, you might look at a spawning plugin.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Shaz, hello everyone.

I am using the YEP_EventSpawner plugin.

The problem I currently have is with the player position variables when the object is called from the inventory; this is connected to a common event, but I can't call the player position.

I think I can solve the problem, if I can figure out how to call two events from within the same plugin template (i.e. with one event containing the physical position of the player while the second contains the object). I don't have much experience with scripts, and it would be very useful if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why can't you call the player position? You can do Control Variables in your common event to get the player's map X and map Y.

Moving to Plugin Support

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Shaz,

tried. I am attaching my detailed explanation.

Attachments

• Detailed explanation.pdf
    806 KB · Views: 1

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickismyname