Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Card-Game-Header.png

Premise.png

This is a collectible card game. You'll start the game by going into the Card Shop to buy some cards to build a deck and start your journey climbing the deck building and battling ladder. How far can you go? It will take strategy to build a deck capable of defeating each opponent.

You may be wondering how this game works. You'll build a deck of 30 cards and choose a Character card who will be your fighter. You'll be able to strengthen him throughout the game if you have higher leveled variants of him.

There are also a few other card types. You'll have Skill cards that are discarded once used, triggers which activate automatically once conditions are met. Perhaps your opponent attacks you after you set a Trigger face down. Now they pay the price. Was it worth it?

There are also Support cards which activate each turn for no additional cost. Those effects build up over time and can mean the difference between a win or a loss. Permanent cards stay on the field once activated for the remainder of battler like Support cards but their effects have a cost each turn in order to activate them. On the upside you can have 3 Permanents on the field at a time as opposed to 1 Support card.

Each card has it's use with many varying effects such as leveling up your Character to inflicting direct damage to lowering Defense, recovering lost HP, achieving instant win conditions to many others but each effect has a cost. You'll need Stamina in order to use these effects. Thankfully you'll increase your Stamina gradually turn after turn.

You may not be able to use your most powerful cards at the start but play your cards right and you'll gain enough Stamina to destroy your opponent in a single move or a flurry of cards one after another. Perhaps you've been saving a card combo over the past few turns and finally have enough Stamina to unleash your winning move.

Each Character has a different Maximum HP which increases with more powerful effects the higher it's Level. Experiment with 200 cards to customize your deck with and make it to the end and you may be able to even customize a deck the opponent uses against you for infinite replayability and strategy along with increasingly grueling challenges in Challenge Mode.

Note: Originally intended as an RPG with this card game as a side thing.
I've since stripped out the RPG mechanics completely and rebuilt it from the ground up
as a full and complex card game.

Images.png

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Videos.png

Features.png

Get cards from card packs and battle increasingly more difficult opponents, unlocking more card packs along the way to improve your deck with a great variety of strategies.

Credits.png

FleshToDust
Moghunter
Yoji Ojima
Yanfly​

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been close to a year since I found RPG Maker MV and joined this site so I think It's about time I post what I've been working on.
It's my first project. Hope you guys like it. There are some placeholder icons in it and I'm planning on making nicer looking buildings.

It's still at the Alpha stage but it's playable and there should be a good couple hours of content.

Last edited:

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool looking game. I like the art style. Sometimes it just takes something different in the community to grab one's attention.

Downloaded and will test play and let you know what I think.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Map removed because of spoilers.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
June 1st Update!

This version adds a lot of depth. You now have a total of 18 abilities to choose from depending which gear you start the game with.

You can only use 4 abilities at a time though so experiment and try to come up with the best build!

Strandent_v0.2

- Added grassy areas where random battles occur
- Added upgradable stats in the menu
- Added more maps
- Added more NPC's
- Made it so you can only use 4 skills in battle

Last edited:

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried out the demo this week.

It's interesting and I like the concept. Definitely has the open world feel, which is great, and I rather like the GBA style black and white graphics.

I think the opening needs to be fleshed out a bit. No one in their right mind would just give someone a house to live in. I felt like there was some story that could be there that you just didn't spend the time to do. If you don't want story and just gameplay, that's cool; it'll just need to be restructured then (a lot of iphone games, for example, don't have stories but have quests and whatnot).

I'd make a save anywhere feature! Open world games all have this.

The number of quests is great. Lots of stuff to do and explore, and I think that's the point of the game. You've nailed that part. There's just other stuff that you might want to clean up or improve (or remove if it makes no sense for you to do).

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Writing a deeper and more tragic story intro script that includes a few areas before you reach the island. Should be fun. Not sure whether or not it will make it into the July 1st Update though.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
July 1st update!

Strandent_v0.3 Changelog:

- Reorganized Database
- Changed some enemy attacks
- Completed all outdoor maps
- Made new ground tiles
- Made additional tree tiles
- Made village larger with new building tiles
- Removed damage numbers

Next update I'll be working on a new intro and dungeon maps for the player to play through before reaching the island as well as adding depth to NPC dialogue.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
August 1st Update!

Strandent_v0.4 Changelog:

- Added over 50 pieces of equipment
- Damage now scales based of the users Strength and Dexterity
- Added a letter rating for weapon scaling
- Added Equipment Requirements
- Removed starting Classes and changed how Classes work
- There are now 6 Stats to increase in the menu
- Started adding color to the game
- Added Chain system for item drops
- Other minor changes

In this version there are new areas and the old areas aren't accessible as there were large changes to the database but they should return in the next update.

Last edited:

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm digging the use of the shades of gray. Question: Did you enter this or were you inspired by a contest? I ask because it seems so specific, that's all. Nice Job all-around!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jayje No it's not from a contest or anything. Just something I've been putting together. The game actually started with ascii graphics before I decided to draw them. I still kept the black and white style from the ascii but am beginning to add color to the game. It's ever growing. Thanks!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
September 1st Update!

Strandent_v0.5 Changelog:

- Fixed events the previous update broke
- The island is now available
- Redesigned village
- Added more enemies
- Added more color
- Other minor changes

There is a card game in the works but I don't know when it'll be added to the game.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
October 1st update!

Strandent_v0.6 Changelog:

- Added Card Inventory System
- Other minor changes

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Inventory system, does that mean the card mechanics are working or is it still further off in the future? :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 9th April 2021. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoGGick855