FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can buy cards, edit your deck and check card info. Being able to use the cards in battle isn't complete yet though.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. I had computer problems for one month which sadly broke my one update per month schedule. Thankfully I was able to get those problems fixed and will change my update pattern to slower but bigger updates.
Here's a video of what I've been working on.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I uploaded a playable version of my card game. In order to play it click Continue instead of New Game. Let me know what you think.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, you've made quite some progress on that menu system! And man, you really like going for that complexity don't you?

Putting the card game aside, how many variables does this system take up now? :kaoswt2:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda To do the menu it's taken about 200 more so far. I'm at about 1600 - 1700 variables currently. There's some blank spaces along the way though. I do like depth in games and this will let me do some things that were more troublesome to do before.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Capture.png

I'm still here. Computer broke on me so haven't been able to continue for quite some time but here's a menu I made.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Short demonstration of a few menu's in the game.
You won't control a player. Everything will take place in a menu.
No overworld or walking around of any kind.

I'm refactoring everything and removing the RPG aspect of the game to make separately at a later date.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like the smart thing to do. Your game was getting a bit too much "feature creep" and I guess something that was a cool feature to begin with (the card game), turned out to be the real game in the end, huh? Nothing wrong with that. Keep it simple and keep going - and finish!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I was adding in a lot of features. Every cool thing I came up with I was adding in. If I kept going it wouldnt finish for 10 years.

I can still do the rpg but later but a more focused version and less feature creeped one.

Its the more time consuming project so Its probably better to get the smaller game out of the way first(and every game is smaller than an rpg lol).

Edit:

Another video! I'm on a roll here...

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made an animated title screen to replace the default.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool, looks much more interesting this way. How did you handle the animation?

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made 450 frames of animation adding new cards to each frame and altering the opacity.
The animation goes on for about 2 minutes and then loops again. It should seamlessly go on forever. 450 was a lot to do but it paid off I think.

This was done with a moghunter plugin by the way. I wasn't sure about loading the menu's with a script call so I just used his plugin. It's a nice plugin too. You can do splash screens, lots of funky stuff with the title screen and there's even a fullscreen toggle which is why it goes into fullscreen automatically on startup.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
You got a new follower on that tread. Didn't knew you posted the game here yet ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildsky