Hey guys. I had computer problems for one month which sadly broke my one update per month schedule. Thankfully I was able to get those problems fixed and will change my update pattern to slower but bigger updates.
Here's a video of what I've been working on.
@Parallax Panda To do the menu it's taken about 200 more so far. I'm at about 1600 - 1700 variables currently. There's some blank spaces along the way though. I do like depth in games and this will let me do some things that were more troublesome to do before.
Seems like the smart thing to do. Your game was getting a bit too much "feature creep" and I guess something that was a cool feature to begin with (the card game), turned out to be the real game in the end, huh? Nothing wrong with that. Keep it simple and keep going - and finish!
I made 450 frames of animation adding new cards to each frame and altering the opacity.
The animation goes on for about 2 minutes and then loops again. It should seamlessly go on forever. 450 was a lot to do but it paid off I think.
This was done with a moghunter plugin by the way. I wasn't sure about loading the menu's with a script call so I just used his plugin. It's a nice plugin too. You can do splash screens, lots of funky stuff with the title screen and there's even a fullscreen toggle which is why it goes into fullscreen automatically on startup.
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.