Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I kinda had a first glance look at it and thought it was a music playlist. ^^ I wonder if we should find royalty free musics for them ^^

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, wonder what I'll do for the music.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot-145.png

Card icon placements.
At the top is HP and Current Level.
ATK and DEF icon on the card. The Up Arrow is the Level Up Cost. It's at the Max Level.
Card Name. Says LV1 but it should be LV3 to match.
Effect Cost and effect description.
It's a template so the info doesn't all match.

Thoughts?

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot-145.png

Card icon placements.
At the top is HP and Current Level.
ATK and DEF icon on the card. The Up Arrow is the Level Up Cost. It's at the Max Level.
Card Name. Says LV1 but it should be LV3 to match.
Effect Cost and effect description.
It's a template so the info doesn't all match.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, the HP/Level should be in text rather than icons. That way I can tell at a glance without having to count stars.

Otherwise, it looks great!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH Yeah? Thanks! I'm still playing around with the card stuff so nothings final. A physical number would be more readable probably and give me more room to play with. I'm also thinking of putting the level up icon in the picture frame itself. There's a max of 3 levels though so 3 blue diamonds is probably not too much to look at.

I just had another thought. I think I'll remove the sword and shield icon and just make it formatted like so: atk/def so it'll look like 9/9.

Last edited:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH Yeah? Thanks! I'm still playing around with the card stuff so nothings final. A physical number would be more readable probably and give me more room to play with. I'm also thinking of putting the level up icon in the picture frame itself. There's a max of 3 levels though so 3 blue diamonds is probably not too much to look at.

I just had another thought. I think I'll remove the sword and shield icon and just make it formatted like so: atk/def so it'll look like 9/9.

I don't know- in my opinion, that would be the place to stylize. The icons look great in my opinion, and it'll tell even new players which stat is which.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Love the card look and wooden texture. Not sure about the LV on vertical with 8 4 0? And I finally kinda miss the sword and shield. I think the lettering takes too much space on that one. But I dunno how big it'll be in the game screen?

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marquise* It's a work in progress so it's bound to go through many iterations. I'll probably make the numbers below Warrior(and maybe letters) smaller.

Edit:

I think I'll settle on this for now. I think It looks pretty cool.

Capture.png

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Ooooh that is cool! Makes me wanna learn ^^

BTW I got an idea that'll maybe help.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I might start to sketch you a few things some day. Think a central graphic element between attack and defense that looks straight like a normal way to present side by side a sword and a shield. Like #attack Illustration sword+Illustration buckler like the two are side by side on a wall on vertical then #defense.

(it comes from a dyslexic that have troubles especially in the heat of a game to confuse left for right. so side # sword and buckler #.)

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH I'll be going for a somewhat simplistic gba pixel art style. Similar to the Pokemon TCG for gameboy. I grabbed a few cards from my game early on in the spoiler.
Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Cut.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Health-Gain.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Opportune-Draw.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Beast-Ram-LV3.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Beast-Rhino-LV3.png

These are from a year - year and a half ago. I've gotten better since then though so it shouldn't look as bad but it'll be what I can handle.
Here's a few pictures I drew 6 months ago to show my improvement.
Battle-System-Choice-Selection4.png

Battle-System-Player-Battler01-A.png

These are from my Dark Souls inspired game I was working on.

Last edited:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH I'll be going for a somewhat simplistic gba pixel art style. Similar to the Pokemon TCG for gameboy. I grabbed a few cards from my game early on in the spoiler.
Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Cut.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Health-Gain.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Skill-Opportune-Draw.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Beast-Ram-LV3.png

Card-Battlefield-Info-Beast-Rhino-LV3.png

These are from a year - year and a half ago. Iv'e gotten better since then though so it shouldn't look as bad but it'll be what I can handle.
Here's a few pictures I drew 6 months ago to show my improvement.
Battle-System-Choice-Selection4.png

Battle-System-Player-Battler01-A.png

These are from my Dark Souls inspired game I was working on.

!!! These are great! If you can make the card art as great as the new pictures, you'll have a very unique style as far as card games go. Are all the character cards animals, and if so, why?

Looks great!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I know the early stuff is pretty bad so they'll hopefully not look like that. No they aren't all animals.
There'll be 3 types of Character cards. Beast, Warrior and Machine. 30 of each(10 of each and have 3 levels for each).

I've got
Red Eyed Wolf
Warrior of Legend - who lets you win the duel if you have 5 Legend cards in your hand ;)
A massive colossus
A giant wall of thorns
A mysterious mirror
Even a shadow is a card.

All sorts of good stuff with unique effects.

Last edited:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I know the early stuff is pretty bad so they'll hopefully not look like that. No they aren't all animals.
There'll be 3 types of Character cards. Beast, Warrior and Machine. 30 of each(10 of each and have 3 levels for each).

I've got
Red Eyed Wolf
Warrior of Legend - who lets you win the duel if you have 5 Legend cards in your hand ;)
A massive colossus
A giant wall of thorns
A mysterious mirror
Even a shadow is a card.

All sorts of good stuff with unique effects.

Cool. The mirror sounds interesting (a mirror monster? A "mirror" of an opponent's card that lets you duplicate a card's effect? Very curious as to what this is.), as does the shadow (if it's a shadow, is it being cast by something? Maybe you can fuse the shadow with the creature that casts it or give them a shared effect that activates only when both are on the field? Just came up with that- some food for thought.). And that Warrior of Legend- what a novel effect! I've never heard of anything like it- let's hope nobody throws it in the water. :D

Look forward to seeing what else you have planned.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't done much for composing over the last while, but I'm now back to work and I'm focusing on my music pack, Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars, a music pack that describes an emotional story about a young heroine named Alisa and her journey to try and prevent a calamity.

Ami
Respect for MogHunter.

With him/her,our Project are Success in many Aspect like Animations,Gameplay,Battle System,more.
Now,it's really empty without him/her.

We have to wait Patiently about the Reason,Why he/she do it.
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_19_2021 11_13_22 PM.png

Custom tileset and mapping work continues for the beaches of RAPTOR REVOLT! Completely revamped sandstone cliffside tiles, now with 100% more d i t h e r i n g. Plus, stairs!
Sorry for the short absence. Hospital tests out the wazoo. although I just end up disheartened when my insurance won't cover what I need. I wish I lived somewhere where the country care about chronic illness patients.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testoryze1