FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mirror has the effect that for the cost of 2 Stamina Points you can copy any effect on the field. If there's a really powerful effect that costs 7 and you can do it for just 2, that'll be a big bonus for you. Could even be game ending.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mirror has the effect that for the cost of 2 Stamina Points you can copy any effect on the field. If there's a really powerful effect that costs 7 and you can do it for just 2, that'll be a big bonus for you. Could even be game ending.

Ah, I see. But be careful to balance it well- if the game's inbalanced, players might be afraid to put any card on the field that's too powerful for fear that their opponent has the mirror.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah some cards are pretty scary. If it's too powerful I can always raise the cost to play it. Should balance it out but there'll be a lot of balancing involved to get the game feeling just right.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah some cards are pretty scary. If it's too powerful I can always raise the cost to play it. Should balance it out but there'll be a lot of balancing involved to get the game feeling just right.

Yeah- depending on how plentiful Stamina Points are, the effect might be too powerful. One idea is to give it 0 ATK & DEF- that'll make it similar to things like Relinquished (which nobody plays since it's too risky).

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH Actually I made a relinquished deck on Dueling Nexus before and won a few duels back a year ago. Relinquished is one of my favorite cards. If you ever wanna d-d-d-d-duel let me know. Plus relinquished looks friggin cool huh? I've got a few 0atk cards. Cant remember all their effects but they should be real fun. :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MechScapeZH Actually I made a relinquished deck on Dueling Nexus before and won a few duels back a year ago. Relinquished is one of my favorite decks. If you ever wanna d-d-d-d-duel let me know. Plus relinquished looks friggin cool huh? I've got a few 0atk cards. Cant remember all their effects but they should be real fun. :)

Ah, I mean now, with the current cards- it was good at the game's inception. With effects that can destroy it commonplace, it's way outclassed- I assumed your game had destruction effects too- a card that can't protect itself & with no stats is a risky gamble. But yes- it is one of the best designed monsters in the game, no contest.

I might have to take you up on that sometime- and thanks for the follow. :)

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually the combat is 1 on 1 like a fighting game or pokemon or the dbz card game. Soon as the Character is gone, you lose. It's like getting out your big boss monster and the opponent gets out their boss monster. Whoever is the first to fall loses the game.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually the combat is 1 on 1 like a fighting game or pokemon or the dbz card game. Soon as the Character is gone, you lose. It's like getting out your big boss monster and the opponent gets out their boss monster. Whoever is the first to fall loses the game.

Ah, I see. In that case the mirror card would be very good indeed.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idea to implement:
Challenge Mode and Survival Mode. Just thought of those.
Should be fun.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Challenge Mode: Start with 1 HP, opponent starts with crazy big HP, Win in 5 turns.
Survival Mode: Face 10 decks in a row without regaining your HP. Make it to the end for a prize(or lots of money).

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Challenge Mode: Start with 1 HP, opponent starts with crazy big HP, Win in 5 turns.
Survival Mode: Face 10 decks in a row without regaining your HP. Make it to the end for a prize(or lots of money).

Both sound very difficult- looking forward to trying them.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Oh this progress well and nice images in cards. (BTW sorry I am too taken to think getting you my idea now. Sorry, couples of RL worries.)

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GUI Update:
Screenshot (645).png
Screenshot-155.png

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is coming along nicely :)

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! The graphics are slowly improving inch by inch.
Will have an update soon. Just been working on getting my youtube channel off the ground so haven't been able to post an update.

All the cards are in the game now. It's just a matter of setting them up in the menus.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I've been away for a while. I decided to do a few game jams. I'm back to the card game now though.

I finished adding all the cards to the Edit Deck menu. I can't do anything with them yet but see and cycle through them. In order to edit my Deck and Collection I need to set up how you get the cards so next up is...

The Card Shop!

Update:
I made a loading screen for preloaded images in order to make the game smoother.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Number Algorithm I made.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhay