Yelloyall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya! I hope everybody is having a good night!!

I've seen a collectible card game plugin recently and its really got me inspired! The way packs of cards are displayed is super cool. I'm not certain if i want a card based battle system, but I really like the idea of having a special menu where you can view cards based on different characters you've beaten or maybe even just crossed paths with. Then by the end of the game you have a special deck of the entire cast!

Can this be done with the card game plugin or would it be better to use something else if I don't want to use a card based battle system? I'm not too familiar with the item menu in and of itself or even battles; most of my games thus far are talking, like a VN with a exploration bit to it. Any help or advice would be super appreciated!!!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'll have to link to the plugin in order for people to help you

Yelloyall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WHOOPS sorry about that! Im referring to this collectible card game plugin. I also hadnt realized it cost anything, since I saw it on yanflys youtube channel and assumed all of their stuff was free! In this case I just want to know how to make card items and display them in the item menu.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you just want to show cards you collect, there are different ways.

1) you can created an evented screen with each images collected, te rest are on its back,
2) use of a plugin like achievement plugin (with addable categories) to show your obtained cards,
3) there is another plugin I forgot its name, which also can be used for it. (require Key Items to be found)

and probably other ways. Which way do you prefer? and for how many cards?

Yelloyall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Id prefer something used with events to simply display the cards, since ideally Id like to change the menu screen to only show items instead of showing anything with the party. Like checking a backpack.

Right now I would only do a maximum of maybe 5 cards with only one displayed at a time. Though in the future I might have more, like 20 or 30 depending on how long and how many characters appear in the game. Just making a mini demo/test rn

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to make a event, make 1 images that shows all 5 cards, than make a 2nd image as with (Locked/ Not obtained)
or whatever suits you. and place that image on top.

make sure those 2nd images needs in an if handler.

if card 1 = ON,
Remove image
else
(do nothing here)
end

so when the switch of card 1 is on, card image 2 is removed, so there are 4 left.
do the same with card 2, 3, 4 and 5.

make an NPC with a choice menu of turn Switch 1 ON, 2 ON, 3 ON etc

activate them random order but also check the cards correction if its work.
you can polish it from there to the way you like.

Because there are other evented ways to accomplish it :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilogy/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesBelton