pinatacookies

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am getting frustrated with the small problems I am having that aren't answered in the manual...

I placed trees down in my world map, but I want to make them to where you can't step on top of them. Is this possible via the region function?

Thanks!

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you don't want the player to be able to step on top of a tree just set its passivity to x in the tileset menu. To my knowledge regions are only used for things like telling the game which monsters spawn where etc unless you have a custom script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I placed trees down in my world map, but I want to make them to where you can't step on top of them.
That is a passability problem of the tileset used and has nothing to do with the map or the map regions.
In the tileset for the map, you need to set the top of the trees to either X (player can't move there) or star (Player can move under/behind the tile, depending on which tilesheet the trees are part of.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you know im having a simular problem but mines more strang but close to this

i got a tree next to a against a hill have set the top part of the tree to over the character BUT the cliff is set to X BUT i can still walk on it even though it got an X on the tileset Oo what going on

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you know im having a simular problem but mines more strang but close to this
Nightshade, please do not hijack other people's topic. If you have a problem, then make a new topic explaining it.

And no, what you're describing isn't strange but the regular result, you misunderstood how the mapping works. I'll explain it to you if you make your own topic, because that explanation here would probably confuse the OP.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nightshade, please do not hijack other people's topic. If you have a problem, then make a new topic explaining it.

And no, what you're describing isn't strange but the regular result, you misunderstood how the mapping works. I'll explain it to you if you make your own topic, because that explanation here would probably confuse the OP.
sorry :) ok :)

pinatacookies

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
lol I didn't even know about the X. Thanks, it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayumi009