pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to create a block that falls on a platform myself, but I'm having no luck either.

EDIT(a): Setting the block to move left when three conditions are met will make the block pushable: (1) Command was entered - LEFT, (2) Collided with another gadget, and (3) The player gadget touched the gadget. If there is another way than this, let me hear it. No, the platform does not collide with the block as it should.

EDIT(b.): Is it possible to make blocks falling on enemies' heads kill them? I changed the collision detection for attack, made the gadget enemy die when stepped on, and yet because the gadget turns when colliding with another gadget, the enemy does not die when the block falls on its head. How can I qualify this gadget's course of action so that it will only change direction while still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xovq

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm getting this problem too where none of my gadgets will collide with other gadgets except with the player gadget. Actions that activate based on colliding with other gadgets still work though.

I have "Collision Detection with other Gadgets" set with all the gadgets involved [1] [2]

They are all on the same layer

"Don't push another gadget back" is not checked for any of them [1] [2]

They aren't moving very fast so it's not a high speed issue

Is there anything else that can affect gadget collisions that I haven't checked yet?

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@pinnedmoth - Have an action program for when the block is in midair that gives it an attack detection to deal damage when it collides with another gadget. Might work, but I'm not 100% sure.

@Xovq & dajamu - One thing that can cause problems with the collision detection is having them completely overlap. Like Xovq's picture with the collision detection where the CD with Gadgets and the one with Tiles both have the same settings. The CD with gadgets should be larger, and the one with walls can actually be really small. As far as having gadgets not collide with each other, I don't recall if there is a built-in default way to do it or not, but a good way around it would be to create "collided with another gadget" actions that alter the direction of moving gadgets or push stationary gadgets away from the moving ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kickstarter for Move That Box! is now live! Help me fund steam release! <3
Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pliskin