Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Simple puzzle game about moving around, weaving colors into order.
No more.
No less.
But that's the starting idea because I'm gonna need the community help before I add more into it.

Behind the making
The game is already done in RMMV two years ago, with 3 stages. It's actually mean for my mom who get attached to this candy crush. But she just doesn't care. So I put it under one of my experimental archives.
Some days ago when I visit my family, out of all the best project I'm working on, my little cousin seems to like this one. So I bringing it back to light. Hoping this can be made into something.

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look at that cute, naked little sprite running around! Lol, I like your sprite already.
One of the reasons that your mom didn't care your first attempt might have been because it looked kind of boring at first glance. I think you should make it more visual appealing such as making those orals look interesting by adding some details to them. That would be an easy job for you consider how small the game is. :kaohi:

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@phamtruong1992 thanks for your feedback~
Yes, I'm currently working on beautifying the layout. Maybe by adding a frame.

A certain friend of mine said that the gameplay is plain and boring and that I should add somekind of battle element. I don't have any idea how'd I do that with this type of puzzle game and not that I'm obligated to do it... or should I?

phamtruong1992

Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@phamtruong1992
A certain friend of mine said that the gameplay is plain and boring and that I should add somekind of battle element. I don't have any idea how'd I do that with this type of puzzle game and not that I'm obligated to do it... or should I?
That's a nice idea. But the whole thing is still up to you. I would advise that you shouldn't even if you just slightly think it is a chore. Then just keep it original. But the game might need some more variety as a puzzle game if your friend said so.

Pim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my humble opinion: Your game doesn't need a battle element. Your game idea really stands out in it's simplicity. It's a great and refreshing idea for a puzzle game. I personally wouldn't even add something to your gameplay for the first couple of levels. If I pick up a puzzle game, I wanna feel smart and be good at it. Making the first levels easy, just like you're showing in your video, will make sure people like me won't only start your game, but we'll stick to it as well.

To keep your game interesting after that, your friend has a decent point that it needs something extra. A battle element is a way to achieve that goal, but certainly not the only one. You can also chose to add extra puzzle elements. Some examples might be; a time limit, tiles with the colors in a different order and/or addming a maximum number of steps. There are ofcourse lots of extra ideas like that and I believe that this idea might be able to keep the player interested for a long time without the battle element.

In the end it's really for you to consider if you want to go and develop a RPG out of it or if you want to keep it the puzzle it is right now.

EriKita

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This needs to be 2 player with 2 grids so you can race each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON