Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Header.png

SYNOPSIS / STORY
Once upon a time, people lived in- Wait, wrong script. Sorrymasen.

The world is fading to grey, and colour is disappearing from existence. Our two adventurers must once again set off on an adventure to resolve the incident, and possibly meet new allies and enemies along the way.

This is a sequel to my previous game, Red & Blue, though playing it first isn't necessary when you can play this much better game instead.

Like the previous game, this is a short game lasting about 30~40 minutes.

Features​

• No exploration. Only battles.
  • Achievements. Complete achievements for bragging rights and new equipment.
  • Excessive memes, references, and cringe.
  • A fairy.
  • Did I mention, no exploration?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
index.php

lb.png
skill.png
equip.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

Attachments

• jelly.png
    jelly.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 120

ktri9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really cute game. I also really love the dank memes. Very playful. I have to ask though, why didn't you want to make a map?

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for playing!

As for why I didn't want to make a map, it's mostly personal preference I guess. I've always had a terrible sense of direction, and never liked getting lost while trying to progress (and the hundreds of random encounters along the way), so I figured I'd simplify things and allow players to jump right into combat. Also I'm lazy lol.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested it a few days ago for fun, surpriseling, no adventure, but
challenging battles and strategy in order to beat it.

I wonder how many maps that made the battle, probably 1 or 2 at most
with controled battles by common event is my guess.

I came to round 7, out of idk, but nice challenge.
Maybe I try later to beat the game to see what happens,
it was fun at least, but not really my style of game though.

good luck on this minified game though.

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well since i've come across this may aswell throw my short opinion:
- I like that the game only focuses on combat, there's no overworld or world to explore, you just go from battle to battle.
- I was a little worried at first when the fight with 3 animals that comes early on, i died to it once from what i remember, i think it was because i didn't manage my resources right but other than that the game was pretty easy to grasp and play on.
- At first i didn't like that there wasn't a rest point in-between that heals you and removes debuffs but i guess it adds a layer of challenge that i got used to.
- The combat isn't super complex or 100% unique in a sense but it's still enjoyable, otherwise i wouldn't have finished the game obviously.
- I also liked that you weren't given too many skills early on but as the game progress i felt like some of the skills could have probably been better to be given early on, i mean the AOE skills since they are kinda weak and a little pointless towards the end of the game? well, that's how i feel at the very least.

Overall the game was nice and short and i also like the aspect of not being forced to travel some whatever big world for story reasons and what not.
Good job with this one mate.

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedbacks!

I wonder how many maps that made the battle, probably 1 or 2 at most
with controled battles by common event is my guess.

For the most part, I used 1 map event and 1 common event. Only time I used a second map is towards the end of the game.

The map event is an autorun event; it sets up everything for the first battle the first time it is run. Subsequently, it autosaves / opens the menu between battles.

The "Next Chapter" is a common event that changes the battleback and starts a battle based on a variable. At the end of the battle it increments the variable by 1 and resets the switches used in the battle.

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Patch Notes 1.1
  • Added an in-game guide, accessible from the menu.
  • The game over screen will now offer tips for dealing with the level you're currently on.
  • Added flavour text to Cleanse.
Save files from the previous version may still be used. For Windows, the save file is located in www\save. For Mac... I have no idea, sorry :(

Attachments

• guide0.png
    guide0.png
    679.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

My brother keeps saying," Women in his story act crazy because women are crazy." That's one way to make sure that the only woman in his life will be the retirement caregiver nurse that has to change his bedpan.
I have uploaded my Pastel Life tileset to MV resources on the forum.
The set is made to be Easy to Edit and absolutely Child Friendly.

The set is far from finished, so there will be updated coming up...
Here is a little preview, though.
Should've seen this coming, but if I wanted players crafting equipment, I should also have a bestiary ready.

C'mon Marx, you played Monster Hunter...!
After a long absence I am back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinnam