anonshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi makers.:ahappy:

I'm thinking about a combact system for my game.

That's my idea:

the character is a mage(for example)

there are 3 skill type

1) the spell/shot type
2)the element of the spell
3) various buff and debuff

The final skill will be the result of these choices.

Is there a way to do that?
Any idea?

Thanks!:smile:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't clearly understand your question. Are you saying that every turn in battle you want the single character to choose one from 1, 2, and 3?

anonshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't clearly understand your question. Are you saying that every turn in battle you want the single character to choose one from 1, 2, and 3?
No...
Every turn the character is able to select all the 3 skill.
The casted skill will be the result/sum of the 3 selected skills.
Sorry, I'm not so good in English...
And thanks!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every turn the character is able to select all the 3 skill.
The casted skill will be the result/sum of the 3 selected skills.
That's what I said, 1, 2, and 3.
I took a look.
It works very well but I can select just 2 skill types in a turn.
I keep searching.
Thanks!
Did you try it? He doesn't say whether or not it would work to have an extended skill also have an extended skill list...it might not work, but it's worth testing.

anonshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I said, 1, 2, and 3.

Did you try it? He doesn't say whether or not it would work to have an extended skill also have an extended skill list...it might not work, but it's worth testing.
Yes, I've tried.
It works for the "Shot" skill.
I created other 3 skills for the "Wind shot" but it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 4

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very good. Unfortunately, I don't have a better suggestion for you. Usually people make plugins to emulate some popular game, and I'm not familiar with anything that does what you describe, so I don't think you'll find anything premade that works for you. You're looking at some completely custom code, whether you commission someone or learn how to code it yourself.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What you could try is have each second skill call up a common event that has you pick a choice, then force the user to use the skill of that choice. This likely works best as the element; You select the type of skill and follow up effect, then when the skill is about to be used the element is chosen after targets are known. It's awkward but it can work. Then again, you also don't need the plugin if you're willing to go this route, you can technically has as many nested skills as you want this way.

anonshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you could try is have each second skill call up a common event that has you pick a choice, then force the user to use the skill of that choice. This likely works best as the element; You select the type of skill and follow up effect, then when the skill is about to be used the element is chosen after targets are known. It's awkward but it can work. Then again, you also don't need the plugin if you're willing to go this route, you can technically has as many nested skills as you want this way.
I've tried to call a common event for the second skill. I can force the player to cast another skill instead the chosen one but that's not what I want. I need to select that. I didn't find any way to do it. Many things aren't possible during the battle I guess.
Thanks!!

Edit:
Wait...Maybe I found a way... :smile:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
Lord Vectra wrote on lianderson's profile.
*poke* Hello. Not suprised to see you here, but I didn't know you was here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP-404