Combine spells that are cast in sequence

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Njghtcrawler, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Njghtcrawler

Njghtcrawler Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure of any other turn-based rpgs that do this but I know Breath of Fire IV does. Basically Toon1 casts water based (water spout) spell then immediately after Toon2 casts a wind spell (high winds). The water spell acts as a reagent to transform the wind spell, high winds, into something more powerful like Monsoon or Hurricane (something relevant to the spells combined). It needs to be done in sequence to combine and obviously other magic schools could be combined along with single-target and aoe spells.
    I've found combo's for physical attacks but I haven't been able to find anything like this for MV with spells. Is this possible for MV? If so, any ideas how to make it happen?

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    How Do I ? belong in the support section for the appropriate engine.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

For MV you could probably do this by having the first skill add a state which makes the target take extra damage from all attacks of the second type, and have that state removed on any damage. That wouldn't show a different animation, but you could still do bonuses for follow up skills of a certain type that way.

3. Njghtcrawler

Njghtcrawler Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry about that and thanks for the move.
    I had thought about spells adding a short term state just wasn't sure if that was the best route or of how to get the flare and excitement of that hidden combo'd spell.