KonKusion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I am not very good at figuring out where the limitations of RPG Maker MV are currently, so I have an issue and I want to see how you guys would handle it. I don't know if I will need more plugins than just Yanfly's to bring this character to life.

I want to make a character who supports other characters as a Chef. He uses a pot and stirs in ingredients (which are items that can be crafted / found in the game). When he serves it to the team, he delivers a unique set of buffs dependent on what he put into the pot. For balance, I'd like there to be a maximum amount of ingredients one can put in, and ideally a way to upgrade the pot.

To date, I have been able to solve all my problems with Yanfly's plugin and a little bit of coding, but I am no adept at Javascript and am not a seasoned veteran of the RPG Maker series like some of you. Any idea how to implement this, or ideas for a possible replacement system?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which Yanfly plugin are you referring to?

KonKusion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which Yanfly plugin are you referring to?
I looked at Item Synthesis but it did not appear like it could serve my purposes. I do want the pot to remember what item(s) is/are stored in it and then "serve" it as a team buff of some kind, whereas Item Synthesis appears to be about a out-of-combat crafting system. I am hoping to stir in and serve ingredients in combat specifically.

He has an Item Upgrade plugin that I believe I can use to upgrade the pot, but I won't consider that until I've got the core of the matter down.

KonKusion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These look like things I would like. I will check them out soon. I was also looking at LTN Gaming's Item Categories plugin (because I do not intend on implementing Item Disassemble so I would like, for instance, all Alcoholic items to produce the same effect in the pot without the need for breakdown of the items).

I'll take a look at them all in tandem soon. Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne