Combining Items for a Recipe During Battle Phase

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by KonKusion, Nov 29, 2018.

1. KonKusion

KonKusion Warper Member

First Language:
    Anglais
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I am not very good at figuring out where the limitations of RPG Maker MV are currently, so I have an issue and I want to see how you guys would handle it. I don't know if I will need more plugins than just Yanfly's to bring this character to life.

I want to make a character who supports other characters as a Chef. He uses a pot and stirs in ingredients (which are items that can be crafted / found in the game). When he serves it to the team, he delivers a unique set of buffs dependent on what he put into the pot. For balance, I'd like there to be a maximum amount of ingredients one can put in, and ideally a way to upgrade the pot.

To date, I have been able to solve all my problems with Yanfly's plugin and a little bit of coding, but I am no adept at Javascript and am not a seasoned veteran of the RPG Maker series like some of you. Any idea how to implement this, or ideas for a possible replacement system?

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Which Yanfly plugin are you referring to?

3. KonKusion

KonKusion Warper Member

First Language:
    Anglais
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I looked at Item Synthesis but it did not appear like it could serve my purposes. I do want the pot to remember what item(s) is/are stored in it and then "serve" it as a team buff of some kind, whereas Item Synthesis appears to be about a out-of-combat crafting system. I am hoping to stir in and serve ingredients in combat specifically.

He has an Item Upgrade plugin that I believe I can use to upgrade the pot, but I won't consider that until I've got the core of the matter down.

4. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. KonKusion

KonKusion Warper Member

First Language:
    Anglais
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These look like things I would like. I will check them out soon. I was also looking at LTN Gaming's Item Categories plugin (because I do not intend on implementing Item Disassemble so I would like, for instance, all Alcoholic items to produce the same effect in the pot without the need for breakdown of the items).

I'll take a look at them all in tandem soon. Thanks very much for your suggestions!