Combining RMMV with a PHP?SQL RPG script - Can this be done?

jayray

Jay Ray Games and Art Design- Oklahoma City, OK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is going to sound like a silly question but bare with my amateurish idea.

Currently I have running an old PHP/SQL script called "Dragon Knight" by Renderse7en on a webhosting. What I'd liek to try to do is add a frame for RPG Maker MV to be able to pass variables to AND receive from the script directly from the player. Not to have the player log in to the game but to the site for the SQL userrows, and then to see his/her decisions graphically represented in the RMMV environment, and the decisions he makes on the RMMV environment to traverse back to the Dragon Knight game.

My first question is this. How, if at all even possible, can this be done, and two, would someone with a ton of patience and the understanding of a saint, be able to walk me step by step through that process if it can work? My hosting is through Hostgator, which does NOT have a VPS.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking about it also, but I had no time to design at least box chart how it would work.
However my first question is, does this script comes along with functions that builds SQL queries?

jayray

Jay Ray Games and Art Design- Oklahoma City, OK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, it DOES go back and forth with userrows, so there's SOMETHING.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilKeepItReal